Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 17 Nov 16, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
masterchef
Excited about Disney

For food trucks you are probably best "Googling" at the time of your visit as participants and venues change.
masterchef is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
masterchef
Excited about Disney

I thought endless shrimp had started at Red Lobster when you were there. It would have saved you a lot of money as well as given you even more shrimp choices.

Last week in Daytona endless shrimp was only $17.99.
masterchef is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ooh yes! I love a good food report. Some great meals there. I always love the look of the red Lobster biscuits but we aren't seafood fans so never get around to going

Looking forward to more!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
masterchef
Excited about Disney

As a guide to food trucks

beachsidebrewpub/new-events/

Not Orlando but the brew pub I use in Ormond. However similar sites will exist for other areas.
Old 17 Nov 16, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by masterchef View Post
For food trucks you are probably best "Googling" at the time of your visit as participants and venues change.
I thought endless shrimp had started at Red Lobster when you were there. It would have saved you a lot of money as well as given you even more shrimp choices.

Last week in Daytona endless shrimp was only $17.99.
As a guide to food trucks

beachsidebrewpub/new-events/

Not Orlando but the brew pub I use in Ormond. However similar sites will exist for other areas.
Thank you for these tips, I will definitely be more aware of this when we go back!

We did make use one evening of the outbacks endless shrimp offer, wasn't aware at Red Lobster, we probably just didn't notice it on the menu.

Thank you for the link!

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Ooh yes! I love a good food report. Some great meals there. I always love the look of the red Lobster biscuits but we aren't seafood fans so never get around to going

Looking forward to more!
The biscuits are so yummy, yeah it is a shame because they don't offer many non sea food items. Hopefully you can squeeze in a visit one time and get to try them!

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 16, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 6

Cracker Barrel

Today was my turn to get the bug , both me and my cousin started feeling ill throughout the night. She stayed back at the villa but I still managed to get up and go out for a bit in the morning, we started off in Cracker Barrel, but I was unable to eat and couldn’t bring myself to take a picture of anyone else’s food as I was feeling queasy. We also went to SeaWorld for the day, but I really started to feel sick and had to get a taxi back to the villa.

For Dibb purposes, Kevin came back to the villa that night and told me he took a few pictures of his food during the day.

Dippin Dots – SeaWorld

I don’t have a note of the price, but I’m assuming it is around $4/5.

Bahama Breeze

The group came back to the villa to check how we were both feeling, I was feeling a bit better but definitely not up for a meal.

Kevin had:

BBQ Bacon & Cheese Burger - $11.29
“Glazed with our signature guava BBQ sauce, Applewood-smoked bacon, melted pepper jack cheese, coleslaw and crisp fried onion strings on a toasted brioche bun.”

Orlando 16 - Food Report

Edited at 04:30 PM.
Old 18 Nov 16, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 7

We were all up nice and early today and everyone was finally feeling better

Today we planned to have a more chilled day as we were off to Hollywood Studios tonight so we were going shopping and mini golf during the day.

Denny’s

I have a few food pictures from here, me and my nephew shared we both wanted to try eachother breakfast.

Salted Caramel & Banana Cream Pancake Breakfast - $12.79
“Two new fluffy buttermilk pancakes with shortbread pieces cooked inside, layered with vanilla cream and topped with fresh bananas, warm salted caramel sauce and even more shortbread pieces. Served with two eggs and hash browns, plus your choice of two strips of bacon or two sausage links.”

I had mine with sausages.

Omg these were soooo yummy, I think I appreciated them even more considering I hadn't eaten for over a day.

Peanut Butter Cup Pancake Breakfast - $12.79
“Chocolate chips and white chocolate chips inside two new fluffy buttermilk pancakes, topped with hot fudge and drizzled with peanut butter sauce. Served with two eggs and hash browns, plus your choice of two strips of bacon or two sausage links.”

My nephew had the exact same as me, but with the peanut butter cup pancakes instead.

We went half and half on the pancakes, and they were both really yummy. However, even with my love of Peanut Butter and Chocolate I did find these quite sickly, yummy but sickly and I struggled to finish half so donated them to Kevin.

The Grand Slamwich - $7.99
“Two scrambled eggs, crumbled sausage, bacon, shaved ham and American cheese on potato bread grilled with a maple spice spread. Served with hash browns”.

This was Kevin’s choice, he asked for his without the egg though.

He really enjoyed this and gobbled it up pretty quickly.

Chicken and Bacon Classic Burger - $9.29
“A grilled seasoned chicken breast topped with melted Swiss cheese, bacon and a creamy pepper sauce. Served with lettuce, tomato, red onions and pickles.”

My cousin didn’t fancy anything from the breakfast menu, so she chose from the regular menu:

She really enjoyed this, I tried one of her fries and they were so good.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 18 Nov 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 7

After breakfast we played a round of crazy golf and then went to the Vineland Premium Outlets and did some shopping before heading to HS for Fantasmic.

It’s Sugar

None of us fancied anything to eat after the big breakfast we had, but I went in to the sweet store to see if they sold Jelly Beans. I always pick my cousin some up, as they have flavours in the US which we can’t get in the UK.

Dr Pepper Jelly Beans - $12

Hollywood Studios

We had a bit of drama getting in to the park, my mum lost 4 of the park tickets. So we had to speak with guest relations to try and get this resolved.

After everything was sorted we headed round the park to make our fast passes.

Once we had done most of the attractions, next on my list was:

Trolley Car Café

The Trolley Car Café sell Starbucks coffee and a mixture of cakes, sandwiches and other snack items. Someone from the Dibb told me beforehand that the Toffee Cupcake they sell is the same at the Butterfinger cupcake, just with a different name.

Chocolate Toffee Cupcake - $4.59

This was just as good as I had hoped, I am not normally a fan of cupcakes because of the icing/ cake ratio but when I saw this mentioned on the Dibb I had to try it.

I'm so glad I did because I really enjoyed it, I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it all so saved the rest for later.

M&M brownie - $5ish

My cousin chose the m&m brownie:

I tried a bite of this too, it was really good. It was very fudgy on top though and reminded me more of a chocolate cake with fudge sauce than a brownie. No complaints on that though...

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 18 Nov 16, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 7

As we were watching Fantasmic that night we knew we wouldn’t be going out for an evening meal, most of the group (including Kevin) wanted to grab a McDonald’s on the way home. I wasn’t fancying a burger, so decided I would grab something from one of the quick service places in the park.

Fairfax Fare

As we left ToT and headed towards Fantasmic, I decided to look at the Fairfax Fare menu:

I ended up choosing the salad:

This was actually really good and super filling. They gave so much pulled pork, this was probably the worst option to choose whilst watching Fantasmic. It was quite difficult to eat this on your lap.

Orlando 16 - Food Report