Old 19 Nov 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 1- RPR, Universal & IoA

We woke up at 4.15am and there was no going back asleep, we were all way too excited for our first day! Robbie decided to get an uber to Walmart to buy a pay as you go phone, he only has a work phone so didn't want to bring it on holidays as he'd be getting work related calls, emails etc. I sorted out a bit & got myself and the kids showered and dressed. We all headed to the club room at 6.30am for some breakfast, was really happy with the offerings, had some fruit and pastries, all delish Odhrán loves his food so was happy he could have a bit of everything!

We walked over to Harry Potter early hours at Universal Studios stopping for a selfie with Toothsome in the background, love this building God I look so tired in that picture!
The walk over is beautiful& only took 7 minutes, it takes as long to get to the parks from the car park when you park at Universal!

It was 8.15am by the time we got there, I don't know how we were so late when we'd been up since 4.15am!?!
There was a queue for Gringotts already so we decided to just look around a bit and then head to Minion Mayhem.

We rode Minion Mayhem, love this ride! These guys were outside when we got off the ride so stopped for a pic

Robbie and Fionn rode Rip Ride twice & Odhrán and I did Shrek (a first!). We then did Transformers and headed to the Simpsons, this is one of my favourites Stopped for an obligatory lard lad then headed back to RPR stopping in some shops on the way out of the park for a little look!

We went back to the room and had a 30 minute rest (or iPad time as the boys would say!). We then headed to the club room for some PB&J sandwiches Robbie and I love these, tried them last year in the Beach Club for the first time. Kids had some fruit, granola bars and crisps.

We headed to the pool next, weather was just perfect! Kids loved splashing around, Robbie had a swim too and I tried a pina colada, the cocktails at RPR are so yummy.

We headed back to the room and got ready to head over to The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium for dinner. There was a 20 minute way and we got seated at about 5.20 pm. While we were waiting a Toothsome character came over to talk to the boys. The interaction was brilliant, she was so good! The place is gorgeous, food was only ok but I think we were all tired and didn't make the best choices. The kids were both falling asleep!
We headed to Islands of Adventure after this to ride the Hulk & Spiderman. Odhrán is too small for the Hulk so I waited with him while Robbie and Fionn rode the Hulk and then I rode it with Fionn. I haven't ridden a big coaster like that since 2008 so was very proud of myself for being so brave! I loved it
We all went to Spider-Man, this is one of Odhrán's favourites.
We left after that and stopped at Toothsome again for take away shakes, they were huge and although yummy, we could have shared 1 between the 4 of us! It was about 8pm at this stage so we headed back to RPR, got some tea & coffee from the club room and were all in bed about 9pm!
Had a fantastic first day, was loving RPR and the express passes are just amazing!

Editing to add, I completely forgot that we walked around to Duelling Dragons, Fionn & Robbie did that while I rode Flight of the Hippogrif with Odhrán and then we went to Kong. After that we did Spider-Man & Hulk! We weren't mad about Kong, theming was excellent but the ride itself was only ok.

3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Wow can't believe you managed such a full day after your very early start, looking forward to the next post 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by codym - 20 Nov 16 11:58 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Yes, looking back now, we did manage to fit in so much. It was so handy just walking to the parks. Thanks for reading
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A long and busy dayno wonder the children were tired

Joan
Old 21 Nov 16, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A well packed first day.
Old 21 Nov 16, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixybird88
Proud to wear my Ears

Sounds like an amazing 1st day. I am so excited to visit universal but with 2 nearly 3 year old twins who won't b able to go on much dunno how much fun it will be for them and then myself and my partner will have to do all the big rides alone. But after going together 4 years ago there is no way I could leave it out I am a massive Harry Potter fan and haven't been to the new diagon alley. I love universal and IOA. Looking forward to seeing more of your trip ps love your boys names we have a Fionn as well 😊
Pixybird88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Thanks Pixybird88, wait until all the cast members ask your kids their names. The Irish names are so unusual over there! Universal is great for child swap, we find it easier doing child swap there than at Disney so a thing least that'll make it easier for you. When are you going?
Old 21 Nov 16, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixybird88
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I remember seeing the child swap areas when we wer there seems like a great system. We done disney in a day the last time because we just felt it was more for families so didnt really interest us and i never noticed child swap areas there. But there will only b a few rides in disney i think that we will b swapping on. We are going on the 7th of january flying direct frm dub. So something to look forward to after the christmas.
Pixybird88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stewart&lynn
Excited about Disney

Brilliant trippy so far. looking forward to the next instalment.