Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 3 Nov 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Yes I was avoiding international sellers like the plague at first but would love to find one now to try and get through ROFR at a price I am happy with so if any UK sellers want to sell their saratoga points ?
Was the DVC sales contract no good?

I have to admit the process hasn’t put me off international sellers. It took our seller a week to get the signature noterised and then received by title company 4 days later. We are just waiting for the one firpta document to arrive from our sellers, then hopefully will close.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by howerd View Post
Was the DVC sales contract no good?

I have to admit the process hasn’t put me off international sellers. It took our seller a week to get the signature noterised and then received by title company 4 days later. We are just waiting for the one firpta document to arrive from our sellers, then hopefully will close.
It would have been great but I am desperately hoping for 2018 points included to be able to take my parents away. they are in their 80's now and we were due to go 2017 all booked. Dad got sick with cancer in 2016 and they had to cancel. He's ok at the moment but I really wouldn't want to put it off until 2020 :-( so hanging on for a bit of a miracle with the points really. I put an offer in on one but we can't meet at price.
I don't mind the wait for an international seller as wouldn't want to go until August 2019 just need a good deal that gets through ROFR
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

I have purchased 2 DVC resale over the past 4 years, one BLT and the latest at SSR. Without any knowledge, both have been from UK sellers. The latest one was a 120 point SSR for $100pp. The time line including the UK sellers getting the docs notorised was:
Offer accepted: 8/9/18
sent to ROFR: 12/9/18
ROFR passed: 3/10/18
Contracts issued: 9/10/18
Closed: 23/10/18
Points in DVC account: 3/11/18

Both purchases have been straight forward, but the latest one required an ITIN, which is still in progress, despite the purchase closing.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

It would have been great but I am desperately hoping for 2018 points included to be able to take my parents away. they are in their 80's now and we were due to go 2017 all booked. Dad got sick with cancer in 2016 and they had to cancel. He's ok at the moment but I really wouldn't want to put it off until 2020 :-( so hanging on for a bit of a miracle with the points really. I put an offer in on one but we can't meet at price.
I don't mind the wait for an international seller as wouldn't want to go until August 2019 just need a good deal that gets through ROFR
I understand. Glad your dad is OK at the moment. I will keep an eye out, if I spot anything I will let you know.
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Also glad your dad is doing well. For an SSR contract with 2018 points banked, I’m afraid (speak from experience) you are now looking at over 110 a point. Cost going up and up.
Old 5 Nov 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Also glad your dad is doing well. For an SSR contract with 2018 points banked, I’m afraid (speak from experience) you are now looking at over 110 a point. Cost going up and up.
I know I realise that I may be looking over 100 but still trying to keep it close to that. In the back of my mind I kind of feel that if I am paying those prices for SSR I am part of the problem pushing the price up so I guess thats why its taking me so long to find one. I put an offer in on the march one with dvcresale at 160 points they came down to 104 which was good but it was still just over my price range in total so probably going back down to 150 points to see if I can increase cost a little. just been notified of a 130 point one however its at 113 per point and I can't bring myself to pay anywhere near that and 130 points wouldn't be enough to take parents so will hang on a little bit longer if something not available by christmas then I will probably start looking at those without 2018 points. Maybe if the exchange rate went up a little it would help :-(
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
jackieleanne
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
Our original contract was Direct we then added on Resale twice from here.

It was extremely simple, in fact I think it is easier for us than for US residents as we didn't need notary signatures, we could just have a friend witness us.

We set of a HiFX account (this was 5 years ago so another company may be better now) for the money transfer which was also easy but you have to make sure you transfer a little more than you need as there are some fees at the exchanging banks, any excess left will be added in to your DVC account against next years fees so you don't lose anything.

No tax implications with purchase and no-one seemed to have an issue with a foreign purchaser.

I think you may be pushing for next April bookings if going through resale as it probably took about 6 weeks for us from first offer to completion and I think we were quite quick.

I would suggest buying a contract with the same UY for ease and book where you like to stay, are you going to want to move around or are you always going to want CC?
Oh this is good to know about the Notary. I just had my offer accepted on a resale and had been advised I'd have to get a notary plus two witnesses. Good to know that I can just get friends to witness this.
jackieleanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List