Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 30 Mar 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have sent you a private message
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi my first trip was a crazy schedule trip of a lifetime fit everything in including the wedding!
We booked to go back the next year on landing

Now we have been back a few times its much more planned so i start by making a list of proity things that are must do's restaurants and rides or things I want to experience or see.

I then go to the busy day guide as this gives a good information of park opening times, any events on and best park for each day.
There is a planner as well, that you can use, this helps with having all the ideas in one place rather than lots of lists on bits of paper.
I'm going on the 7th Nov and really looking forward to seeing some of the Christmas decorations and MVMCP.
There is lots of information now and it can be overwhelming but you tube and this site should be a great help
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey74
A Guest at All-Stars

Thank You

Thanks everyone for your replies,

I'm getting there slowly, I'm sure I'll be fine, just need to remember to enjoy everything when I get there!
Mickey74 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We normally write-off the arrival day, by the time you've travelled, been to a supermarket for supplies etc you'll be most likely ready for bed.

Seaworld is in my opinion a 1 day park, we went in Nov 2017 and during the week most rides we're a walk on or max 10 minute wait.
Discovery Cove - 1 Day
Universal Studios & Universal Islands of Adventure we normally factor 2-3 days. (big Harry Potter Fans!)
Volcano Bay - 1 Day
Magic Kingdom - 2 Day - stay 1 evening for the fireworks
Animal Kingdom - 2 Day - I suggest making sure you are in AK for later on 1 day to see Pandora at night all lit up.
Epcot -1 Day
Hollywood Studios - 1 day (this may be different if you like Star Wars as the waits will probably still be crazy in Nov) - HS also has Fireworks & Fantasmic which are worth hanging around for.

We enjoy going to disney springs on an evening for some food and wonder round the shops - normally a couple of evenings over a 2 week break.

Normally travel home day we go to the Malls/Outlets rather than a park depending on departure times.

Worth to note the Outlets are open really late.

I wouldn't recommend swapping from park to park on your first time - there will be many more 'once in a lifetime' trips!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

You will be staying down my neck of the woods so any info about shopping dinning etc just ask
We are also out then a great time to go
Helen
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
aliant1977
Trading Disney Pins

If you try to do all of the parks in 2 wks, I can't imagine that you'll have a holiday of a lifetime. Our first time, we did just Disney, Discovery Cove and Seaworld and we were exhausted so can't imagine trying to squeeze 3 more parks into that. Use water park days as rest days - we've never spent longer than 4 hours at one so have chilled or shopped for the rest of those days. Plan well taking advantage of fast passes and if finances allow, book a night in a Universal hotel that includes express passes to ensure you can do everything you'd like to in that day. Remember to stop occasionally and take it all in. We can only afford to go every 6 years and when we get to the end of the holiday, it's heart breaking until I remember when I stopped and took the time to absorb everything
aliant1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Personally in a two week stay you're trying to do too much.

Id be sitting with the kids and looking at the various options, would they really want to do disney? Their ages mean rides like small world, peter pan, the dumbos's aladdins carpets etc wont be attractive to them. Although there is still plenty to see and do still.

Universal would have a lot they may enjoy. My daughter loved Volcano bay water park.

Sea worlds not that big and can be done in a day but has some enjoyable features.

If you do disney and get a ultimate ticket then the 2 disney water parks are included.

Ive never bothered with busch, too much travel time when so much is under ones nose.

First week you will be up stupidly early which is great for getting a lot done at the parks, second week you will tire and start getting up later and later. ideal for shopping as you're awake later and the outlets open later.
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post

how do your kids cope with the heat & are they late or early risers back home? we had banked on our 10 yr old being fine to get up early esp. with jet lag but she's def got teen hormones & we've really struggled to get her up to get to the parks by which time its been too hot for her this april.kids have both seemed to do ok early evenings & it has been lovely & balmy to be out then... however i have been wanting to be in bed for 8 pm during our first week!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ufm
VIP Dibber

ufm's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mickey74 View Post
Thanks for your replies,
haven't bought tickets as yet, but we would like to do/see as much as possible, Disney,Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove(dolphin swim) and have decided Volcano Bay as our water Park(that's about the only thing we have decided!)
Also something special for ds 15th birthday.
I know i'm panicking and it's ages away but so excited and want everything to go well.
Tickets wise, if your planning to do Disney, Universal and the Seaworld parks with a day in discovery cove my best save money tip is;

Buy a 14/21 day pass for Disney
Get the universal 3 park ticket
Buy the ultimate pass for discovery cove and that will give you all the Seaworld parks with it.

Sounds like common sense but if you get sucked into an all encompassing ticket it will usually include the Seaworld stuff and then with DC on top will work out approx £190. If you get them separate as suggested, you will save approx £100 on the same combination. I did it this time, and also got Virgin to price match tickets from American attractions/Atrraction tickets direct etc.

Generally though, follow this process and you can't go wrong;

1. Work out what parks you want to do ( get relevant tickets )
2. Check the busy day guide for best days to visit ( do Epcot when your fresh, its a massive walk )
3. When the time is right, book the fast passes and ADR's
4. Enjoy the planning!

Hope this makes sense and helps

p.s I did post a massive todo list, always helps to start with something that covers everything possible and delete what you don't need.
2012 Going DIY for a try :-) Trip Report
2010 Indian Creek Villa - Trip Report
2008/Enclave Suites 2007/Ramada IDrive
ufm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List