Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 11 May 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Boardwalk

Having never stayed here before just wondering whether I ought to try and be specific in relation to our room.

We have used our points and have a garden/pool view.

Would appreciate people’s thoughts on room preference block etc
Old 11 May 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I've only ever stayed standard view. The corridors are long, but that doesn't bother me as I like to be far from lobby and quiet. The best thing about standard rooms opposite tennis courts far from lobby is there's staircases on the back which take you out onto the path for HWS, better views, and there's staircases down to a doorway opposite the bus stop and to the pools.
Doesn't help much with garden and pool rooms, save there are lots of staircases part way down corridors so you generally don't have to go all the way back to the lobby to get to the pool or otherwise exit the building.
It's a wonderful resort, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in anywhere.
Old 12 May 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the reply YorkshireT. I am super excited to stay there

I wasn’t too bothered about a pool/garden view but that’s all there was at 7 month out! I am waitlisted for a standard view (save points) but don’t see it happening lol
Old 12 May 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
Thanks for the reply YorkshireT. I am super excited to stay there

I wasn’t too bothered about a pool/garden view but that’s all there was at 7 month out! I am waitlisted for a standard view (save points) but don’t see it happening lol
You might get it, I got a 2 bed standard which is even harder to get on a waitlist. If you get it I’d suggest a request for ‘High Floor, opposite tennis courts or bus stop’. A bit far from reception but great location with a pond in front and quick access to the HWS path and not bad for the pool.
Old 12 May 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You might get it, I got a 2 bed standard which is even harder to get on a waitlist. If you get it I’d suggest a request for ‘High Floor, opposite tennis courts or bus stop’. A bit far from reception but great location with a pond in front and quick access to the HWS path and not bad for the pool.
Oh fab thanks! Fingers crossed - I’m obsessed with checking it
Old 12 May 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
Oh fab thanks! Fingers crossed - I’m obsessed with checking it
Keep an eye on your emails as its very easy to miss as it doesn't say you have got a waitlist or anything, it is just the standard you have booked email again, but with the new hotel on, so it is easy to think it is just a duplicate of the first one- initially I thought - 'Why are they sending this again', before 'Whoopee'. Only time I have ever done a waitlist.