Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 May 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
robot1000
Getting Excited

If I recall correctly, the excess waiver for Nationwide is around £6pa for those interested
robot1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Spike1911 View Post
I don’t think you need to but I always ring nationwide before a trip to let them know I’m going somewhere and check we are covered. Don’t know why, just paranoid.
save yourself a phone call and simply put your car din a cash point at the airport, check you balance (free) they use that to log that your overseas
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 03:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had to claim for my sister last September when she fell and badly broke her hand in two places, my sister is 70 and has learning difficulties so it was a very stressful time and nationwide or tma who are there emergency assistance whilst abroad made everything so much worse! They were hopeless, they did not do anything to assist us in anyway and lied to me time and again and refused to allow her to see an orthopaedic surgeon whilst we were there and said that she could wait for five days until our return flight and get her op when she got home ! She had to endure extrem pain and her arm in just a support, no cast so our holiday was well and truly over as there was no way we could take her anywhere and risk someone bumping into her , I complained at the time and followed it up when we got back and they upheld all of our complaints and paid her a small amount as an apology which in no way made up for the bad service we received or the loss of a week of our holiday,She has the free cover with her account but we had paid a hefty premium to upgrade for age and medical screening so it was not free!
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
save yourself a phone call and simply put your car din a cash point at the airport, check you balance (free) they use that to log that your overseas
Yer maybe so. I think I get free international withdrawals on my card too.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Spike1911 View Post
Yer maybe so. I think I get free international withdrawals on my card too.
Yep if your on the account with the free travel insurance you get the free international cash withdraw just remember its cash only not international transaction fees also the ATM operator may charge you.
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
This is the procedure they suggest you use to try and ensure your card is not blocked when you use it overseas. It is not connected to your Travel Insurance in anyway as this is overseen by a third party company and I think the initial comment was in relation to phoning to check their travel insurance cover.

Edited at 09:29 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mel49 View Post
This is the procedure they suggest you use to try and ensure your card is not blocked when you use it overseas. It is not connected to your Travel Insurance in anyway as this is overseen by a third party company and I think the initial comment was in relation to phoning to check their travel insurance cover.
My bad I read it as check you covered for using the card abroad
As for been covered just check the online document