Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 May 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Have you completed a form like this and do you have a ten digit Alamo number maybe 129xxxxxxx?

Complete this form and it will take you to a form asking mainly about your D/L and flights. Complete that and you'll get the bar code.

alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

Mick
Sadly that's where the technical issue is we put in our confirmation number and details and get

"Your name and/or your Email Address are not matching in our system."

Something went wrong with the booking and it's throwing out an error we cannot get to the on line check in option. We did once filled it all in and realised we wanted to use another credit card which was in the post. So left it and since then cannot get back in.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
Sadly that's where the technical issue is we put in our confirmation number and details and get

"Your name and/or your Email Address are not matching in our system."

Something went wrong with the booking and it's throwing out an error we cannot get to the on line check in option. We did once filled it all in and realised we wanted to use another credit card which was in the post. So left it and since then cannot get back in.
Sorry can't suggest any more but in my experience I've never entered my CC details into the process. They swipe the lead driver's CC at the barrier anyway and it's that which carries the charges.

That's my experience of doing OLCI with Brits a couple of times and with DFCH about 4 times.

Mick
Old 25 May 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar

DougTemplar's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry can't suggest any more but in my experience I've never entered my CC details into the process. They swipe the lead driver's CC at the barrier anyway and it's that which carries the charges.

That's my experience of doing OLCI with Brits a couple of times and with DFCH about 4 times.

Mick
We might just chance it. We did order and pay with Brits but I suspect something is out of line in their database that needs a fix.

I have raised it with them so hopefully they can fix it. OLCI and STC were both major reasons for us selecting Alamo which is frustrating that we might have to queue.

Thanks for going over the steps puts me at ease that it looks like the problem is with them not us.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
We might just chance it. We did order and pay with Brits but I suspect something is out of line in their database that needs a fix.

I have raised it with them so hopefully they can fix it. OLCI and STC were both major reasons for us selecting Alamo which is frustrating that we might have to queue.

Thanks for going over the steps puts me at ease that it looks like the problem is with them not us.
Sorry but I'm sure that you will need the bar code at the barrier as it's what they swipe as part of the process.

There's a bit of confusion here on the DIBB about the expressions STC and OLCI. Skip the counter is something that you can do after completing the OLCI form and printing the subsequent bar code. STC is not another form/process that you need to do.

I assume you are entering "Douglas", "Templar" and "129000000" into those three boxes and then being rejected?

How long until you go? I'd keep banging away at Alamo Brits if I were you. As you say the STC is what makes Alamo the best for us.

Mick
Old 25 May 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar

DougTemplar's Reviews
Mobile

Early next month. And yes I am filling in the form with my real name (which is shorter than the Sunday name) and getting rejected.