Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 18 Aug 18, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi, I have used Truprint for all my books, very easy to use and you can do lots of things to enhance your photos. I go mad on cropping! You can check every page and add text or little picture embellishments. I always wait for a special offer which they have quite often and always choose where to put the photos as I found when I left it to them I did have a couple of doubles on different pages.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I am also looking to do a photo book.
I am totally useless at anything technical so I will be basically just choosing photos for them to place where ever.
Is that even possible?
I only have my sons I pad so can’t do anything fancy anyway.
I see that Disney do a photo book, no idea on cost or if they ship to the U.K. ?
Any advice for a clueless person?
I did mine on a PC using a web site. If you know how to drag files onto a web site it's fairly easy but I've never done it on a Mac

I suspect disney may be a bit more expensive but can't confirm for sure
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have only done 2 photo books but have used Photobox each time. Easy to do and the books were good quality. I bought deals from Living Social each time.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I am also looking to do a photo book.
I am totally useless at anything technical so I will be basically just choosing photos for them to place where ever.
Is that even possible?
I only have my sons I pad so can’t do anything fancy anyway.
I see that Disney do a photo book, no idea on cost or if they ship to the U.K. ?
Any advice for a clueless person?
You have to do Disney one within the 30 PP days I think. You can add Disney boarders etc to your photos and have Disney backgrounds to the pages. And yes you can add words.

But yes ... it's expensive!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jcmickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Saal digital amazing quality for the price, did used to use zno (formally artisan state) but the quality has taken a real nose dive.
Jcmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I use an app called freephotobooks.

Super easy to use, I have had many photo books from them, from the free book (you just pay £5.99 postage) to the upgraded hard back. Lots of page designs & layouts and multiple text page options.
*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I’ve always used Photobox or Snapfish. Both really easy to do and I was happy with the results. I always wait for an offer though.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've always used Tesco's but only buy them when they're on offer. I do one as a christmas present for my mum every year as she loves them. I put in photo's from that year and that way she can have a browse through them whenever she wants.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I always used Cewe but this year Due to
Price I used truprint and the quality is the same.

I look for the ‘photo paper’ pages as I prefer the look of the thicker pages.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DrStrangelove
Trying for More Ears

Photobox for me.
Subscribe to their offers. When a book one comes up add to your basket but don't pay. Then wait a few days. I normally get them for 50% off plus another 20% off for waiting a few days. The large square lay flat books are fantastic and work out around £50 for 70 pages, not cheap but neither is a Disney trip. I shoot wedding and use the same process for those too. I use the book module in Adobe Lightroom software to carefully craft each page.
DrStrangelove is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List