Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 5 Mar 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Newbie - Feeling out of my depth!

Hello!
First timers from the UK. Staying from 8 November. 10 nights at AKL then 4 at US: RP.
There’s just two us of, married, mid-30s. We are on the DDP.

Fri 8th: Arrive mid-late afternoon. Check out resort, Boma dinner around 8pm.
Sat 9th: Hit Epcot pretty early (not worried about RD) and grab pastries at Les Halles. Explore/ride over the morning. Likely use FP on TT, Soarin’ and Mission Space Green. Will try and fit Frozen in too if we can. Check out F&W booths from 11 for lunch and generally hang around WS till mid-afternoon. Then head over to DS (from Boardwalk - presumably we have to walk here to get the bus?) and do some shopping, drinks at JL Hangar bar, dinner at D’Burger etc. MK predicted late hours.
Sun 10th: Late Boma breakfast then hit AK. Try and get FP for FoP, EE and KS. Then try and get FP additions for anything else, including NRJ, river rapids etc then heading back to AKL to rest up/some pool time in PM and an early Saana dinner to try and get a sunset view. Then back to AK for Rivers of Light and for rides. MK has late night if we fancy it.
Mon 11th: early Crystal Palace breakfast to get early castle photos. FP for 7Dwarves, SpLM and maybe BTM. Be Our Guest lunch (late) then back to AKL for rest/pool time. Quick service dinner either at Mara or somewhere at AK.
Tues 12: early Boma breakfast, then over to Epcot for more WS and booth lunch. Rides. Will fast pass others we didn’t snag the first time. Tokyo Dining late-ish dinner around fireworks time. Check out the Boardwalk area.
Wed 13th: grab a snack at the Mara then hit HS. Plan FP for SDD and ToT. Not sure what else. Sci-fi diner for lunch, more rides then over to MK for Liberty Tree Tavern dinner and late night hours. Rides!
Thurs 14th: over to Epcot to see anything we haven’t yet. Snack breakfast. Bus over to PO later on (check out resort for potential other stay) and eat beignets. Over to DS for shopping/drinks then Chef Arts for later. Maybe catch a movie.
Fri 15th: snack breakfast at AK, any rides we haven’t done, revisit others. Lunch at Flame Tree and grab a drink (pongo pongo!)Then back to AKL for a rest and over to MK mid afternoon, QS dinner and hit Mickey’s Xmas Party. Or are we better off doing the party a different night? Considering dropping the QS and doing the Tony’s package. Lots of evening rides.
Sat 16th: Hit HS and have a QS lunch somewhere. More rides. Uncertain where to go in PM. Maybe AK or MK as it’s open late again. QS dinner anywhere.
Sun 17th: early morning Poly - Captn Cooke’s for Tonga toast. Explore Poly and maybe GF. Head over to Contemporary for Cali Grill brunch. Head to MK for some more rides/maybe watch fireworks from contemporary later that night.
Mon 18th: transfer day to royal Pacific. Either do morning in AK before transfer or transfer early and do Volcano Bay. CowFish for dinner.
Tues 19th: Early parks, concentrate on HP (both parks) with HP themed lunch. Do as much as possible. Fireworks if poss. Dinner at Orchid Court.
Wed 20th: hit parks again, do HP early and train in opposite direction. Do all the other attractions. Simpson’s area for lunch. Bubba Gumps for dinner.
Thurs 21st: Revisit anything at US we loved (likely HP). CowFish again if we liked it. Voodoo donuts!
Friday 22nd: Travel day (but not until late afternoon) so either hit the parks again or maybe Volcano Bay. Pack. Get sad.

Phew! That’s it. Any suggestions for changes? We keep varying what we do but this seems a good balance. Reason it’s more Epcot heavy at start is tail end of F&W!

Only uncertainties at the moment are:
Possibly EMM at HS so we can hit SDD a half dozen times, maybe Tony’s during MVMCP, possibly a sunset safari. Other meals considered: Ohana’s (we keep hearing mixed reviews) and Jiko’s. Don’t mind paying some OOP. And should we be hitting MK during the day early on? It is predicted to have a lot of late nights while we are there and we are doing the Xmas party so I’m not sure if it’s needed.
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I haven't read everything, but the first thing I would say is not to book Boma for your arrival day. 8pm in Orlando will be 1am to your body clocks. You're much better off grabbing a quick service meal and saving your TS meals for when you can properly enjoy them. Plus, if you're delayed for any reason and can't make it, you'll be charged $10pp no show fee.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tray22
Excited about Disney

You'll probably be up really early the first morning - so you could book an early breakfast - we did BOG and walked up Main Street without the crowds. The world showcase in EPCOT doesn't usually open as early as the rest of the park - so maybe worth a check.
We had dinner at Hardrock (as you can book) If you have a 'birthday' they will give you one free meal! Food was great. Que for Voodoo doughnuts was long!

The Beignets at POFQ are great - stopped there last year as is a great resort. Also stopped at AKL - which is also great.

Hope this helps
tray22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I don't do the fastpass selection so don't take this as gospel but Epcot Fastpasses are tiered. The three you listed are all tier 1. IIRC, you can only book 1 tier one, one tier two, etc.

Edited at 04:22 PM.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Watch your fast pass tiers- TT and Soarin are both tier 1 so you need to choose one. I agree with not booking a TS first evening- you will be tired and may miss it if flights delayed.
You have 2 Boma breakfasts- I'd change one to a different breakfast ? 8am garden grill on your first day at Epcot then nip on Saorin without a FP.
The early morning CP breakfast won't get you exclusive castle pictures as everyone can get into the hub an hour early It is a nice way to start the day though.

Otherwise seems good

I have't eaten at Jikos but it sounds lovely. Given you are at AK might be worth adding- I've not heard the best about Tony's so not sure I'd use my credits there.

Also its a lot of luck which extra fast passes you can get after using your first 3- don't expect to get a headliner- if you do fantastic but I'd not count on AK having NRR you'll only get it by a v lucky cancellation.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Few thoughts. I also would not book a TS for the first night, you might be late or just tired, most people plan QS for first night.

I wasn’t sure what you mean by not being worried about RD? You certainly know your abbreviations for a new poster but that one lost on me.

You won’t be able to prebook test track and soarin and if you want to do Frozen, to be honest that is the tier 1 fast pass I would book. It will have the longest standby queues and the chances of getting an on the day fast pass are remote. Test track you can single rider and we have never had any issues getting a soarin on the day fast pass.

Not sure I would need a Tonga toast breakfast ahead of California grill brunch.

On your HS day on the 13th, I recommend rock n roller coaster for the third fast pass.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
writersblock
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone, this has been really helpful. I will take the advice for the first night and nix the Boma reservation. GG was a consideration for us so I think I will amend first morning to be that and then try and get on Soarin early. We do like a leisurely breakfast though so will we be super rushed on this one?

Great tips on Fast Passes too, thank you.

Everyone is so helpful here!
writersblock is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
You should get through garden grill in less than an hour- its family style and because its a small restaurants the characters will be round in plenty of time- just try for was close to 8 as possible
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Just looking at your RP days- I was put off eating there as felt the prices were expensive and so much going on near by. Have you considered Mythos in IOA - we enjoyed it a few years ago apparently it had won best theme park restaurant a few times.
Agree to eat in HP- we loved The leaky cauldron- food was good but it was the atmosphere that made it. Long queues but goes quickly and they find you a table. We much prefered frozen butter bear to standard. I wouldn't do volcano bay on your last day unless you want to bring home potentially wet swim wear in your hand luggage. It usually open an hour early for onsite so I would go on the Thursday AM you'll be done by lunch then re visit favourites. With FOLP you won't need to worry about queue times- it makes touring a chilled experience.

We are doing a similar split stay only with POFQ and HRH in August. I would love to stay at AKL. We loved RPR last year but we only did a 2 one night stays to get FOLP so barely used the facilities. The walk to IOA is fab.