Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 Mar 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinygog
slightly serious Dibber

The Bay

Hi All

Is anyone watching this new series? What did you think of the first episode?

I thought it was OK. I did find it was similar to Broadchurch. The setting and storyline are the same - by the coast, body on the beach, the Dad already seems suspicious etc.

(Spoiler alert! ….) Also, I didn't understand the actual concept of what the main character is doing. If she slept with the husband, why not tell her boss in the first instance? Then he would just take her off the case. I don't understand why she carried on - deleting CCTV etc. This idea to the story just didn't make sense to me.

Anyone else have thoughts on this new series?

WDW: 2002, 2004 & 2008
DLP: 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2017 (Xmas) & 2018

Edited at 10:43 AM.
Tinygog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DH and I enjoyed the first episode and we are intrigued to see where it will go but she had plenty of opportunity to tell her boss about the liaison and it seemed a little ridiculous that she didn't. Also not sure how her children are going to connect but I am sure they will!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I totally agree that it reminded me of Broadchurch I mentioned this to my DH, it also has a couple of the same actors.

It is implausible that she never told her boss when she realised how serious it was. If the guy is charged then any court case would be thrown out once they find out about the liaison with a police officer! Also, they wouldn’t have had forensic clearing out the house for evidence so early on after reporting it. But I suppose they are trying to push on and moveing through the story quickly?

I am enjoying it though. 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

It's definately done in the style of broadchurch but I don't mind that broadchurch was one of best series I enjoyed especially series one... This is definately a northern broadchurch lol... God only knows why she didn't just fess up to her boss what she did in the alleyway, stepdad looks well guilty in more ways than one but it's too obvious... That's what broadchurch does for ya lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

The boy twin went to dd's school and his mum was our estate agent. He's always wanted to act!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Broadchurch popped into my head too but I suppose there are only so many story lines. I d9nt think he did anything though as that would be too similar.
I love jonas Armstrong so lovely eye candy.
Old 25 Mar 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Watched it and enjoyed it but thought the main character carrying on as the liaison officer after realising who the bloke was to be extremely unbelievable.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we enjoyed it but as above Lisa just needed to fess up she "knew" the husband outside of work and be reassigned

she only deleted the copy of the CCTV she had taken on a USB so the original is still at the pub? They still have a 10 minute window unexplained and surely cctv in streets/other shops etc etc her & him will appear on

far too obvious its the step dad, Lisa daughter must come into play somewhere?

Edited at 12:49 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I’ve watched episode one and find the lead character unappealing. I love this type of programme but if I can’t invest in the main character, it falls flat for me.
I’ll try the next episode that we have recorded but not expecting to see it all through.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm really enjoying it, lots of similarities to Broadchurch but I don't mind that.

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List