Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 11 Apr 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirstie-ellen
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

going in 3 weeks

Hi everyone, so glad I found this site. Myself, hubby and 4 children age 9.7.3 and a wee baby of 1 years will be travelling on 7th may this year.( I apologise now if your on my flight for the miserable children lol) I have no idea basically about anything arghhhhhh plus I am moving home 3 days before we fly so everything is crazy at the moment not giving me much time to sort out the planning. I was going to just wing it but now ive been told I need to book my fast pass places for rides and shows so I got no idea regarding that, we are staying at the Caribbean resort hotel with the quick dining plan, any advice on what I need to do before we travel I would be most grateful...thank you everyone xx
Kirstie-ellen is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Hi

Wow, you certainly have a lot on your plate, but how exciting I'm assuming this is your first visit and if you're staying onsite at least all your tickets, food and travel are sorted. How long are you going for? and have you linked your park tickets to the My Disney Experience (MDE) online? This will allow you to book fastpasses etc. Are you just doing Disney? Sorry for all the questions just trying to understand what you may need to consider Don't forget, you don't have to plan some people don't but with young children, I personally think it's best to have some kind of plan to work with. It's your holiday after all so you'll have a great time no matter what but there are some things you won't want to miss.

- Think about what your children are really into, who are their favourite characters etc we found planning around the 'must do's' was a good start. The parades will be a must with young children.
- There are 4 main parks; Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios as well as the two water parks Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.
- Write out the length of your holiday and draw up a rough plan on what parks to visit on each day. Remember, you will be up early the first few days due to jet lag, but you will all be tired, so get up and out and then get back to the hotel mid afternoon for dip in the pool etc and chill out or as best as you can with 4 kids
- Look at the busy day guide and the park hours for each day, which will give you an idea.
- Also think if you want to do any character meals, I know you have quick service dining but you may want to consider a character meal and it's best to get this booked before you go.
- Don't try and cram too much in, just go with the flow and enjoy the atmosphere and the look on your children's faces
- As for fastpasses, once you know roughly what park you visit on what day and whether it will be morning, afternoon, evening and/or all day! Then look at the rides/attractions you can book fastpasses for and try and get them booked in at least. It will save you queuing and with young children reducing any time is good It isn't necessarily just rides you can book these for but with meet and greets too which we found is what our little girl wanted to do more than anything during our visit.
- buy autograph books and pens so the kids can enjoy going round and collecting them, it's such a lovely thing to do.

There are lots of hints and tips on here, i'm sure you'll have an amazing time
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

Welcome to the forum, sounds like there's a lot of exciting things happening, moving in to a new house and then Florida days later.

I've never personally booked fast passes or planned holidays to the day, but I know a lot of people find it helps. There's a good crowd calendar that shows you what crowd levels should be like on a given day. No reason you can't go on a "medium" crowd level, personally I enjoy it when there's a good crowd.

These can be found here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/bus...?hours=05+2019

Just for example, in May, the "green" low crowd days are:

Magic Kingdom: Thursday

Epcot: Wednesday, Friday

Animal Kingdom: Tuesday, Sunday

Hollywood Studios: Monday

Typhoon Lagoon: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

Blizzard Beach: Monday, Tuesday Wednesday

Other parks like Busch and Universal etc are also on the calendar so this could help you decide when to go to each park and give you some sort of direction.

Have fun with your holiday, and try and check out some places outside the parks like St Augustine!
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List