Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 25 Apr 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
eBay help please

I’m a newbie to eBay, had a massive sort out and put a lot of stuff up for sale and it’s shifting, everyone with two exceptions have paid promptly usually as soon as auction finishes but I had one yesterday who hasn’t yet and one the day before who hasn’t either... that ones annoying me a bit cos it was an item that had a lot of interest. I’ve messaged them a reminder but how long do you usually give someone? On the website it says 48 hours, which is about now for this popular item and I’ve politely requested by this evening in case they are at work and not accessing emails. Does this sound right? Thanks x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
I usually give them 3 days after buying and then I message them and give a further day after that before opening a case.

I know some people forget but it is annoying and i feel that you shouldn't have to chase but if you do no excuse for them not responding within 24 hours !
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by goodevans View Post
I usually give them 3 days after buying and then I message them and give a further day after that before opening a case.

I know some people forget but it is annoying and i feel that you shouldn't have to chase but if you do no excuse for them not responding within 24 hours !
I think it’s because all sales have been so quick so far payments almost instant. The main item that hasnt been paid the customer messaged me shortly before end of auction to ask a couple of questions so I assumed was watching the auction? Think that’s also reason I expected prompt payment. Thanks for your reply
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

As a buyer I think it is fair to email them after 24 hours of not paying - I wont a bid - but at the time was bidding on loads of items and simply forgot I had not paid, it was only the sellers email that reminded me, so I was very grateful to them,
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I sell a lot on EBay and thankfully don’t get this too much. I send a payment reminder after 3 days. If that isn’t responded to after 48 hours then I open an unpaid item case with EBay. EBay then gives them a week (I think) to pay up. If they don’t pay, they will get a ‘strike’ against them and you will get your final value fees refunded to you.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I sell a lot and get this all the time. I do think buyers who don't pay should be made to pay at least a percentage automatically. It takes up so much of my time to have to relist and to organise another day to go to the post office. I wish ebay would make buyers put in their paypal details BEFORE placing a bid, then the money automatically goes out when they win.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
As a buyer I think it is fair to email them after 24 hours of not paying - I wont a bid - but at the time was bidding on loads of items and simply forgot I had not paid, it was only the sellers email that reminded me, so I was very grateful to them,
Thanks, I did wonder if that maybe case that it’s got lost in a load of other messages.
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by I love walmart View Post
I sell a lot on EBay and thankfully don’t get this too much. I send a payment reminder after 3 days. If that isn’t responded to after 48 hours then I open an unpaid item case with EBay. EBay then gives them a week (I think) to pay up. If they don’t pay, they will get a ‘strike’ against them and you will get your final value fees refunded to you.
Very helpful thankyou... my sales amount looks very impressive when really it isn’t cos this one item is showing on it. I’ll wait to see how the reminder is responded too and then I’ll contact eBay.
Old 25 Apr 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kpzorse View Post
I sell a lot and get this all the time. I do think buyers who don't pay should be made to pay at least a percentage automatically. It takes up so much of my time to have to relist and to organise another day to go to the post office. I wish ebay would make buyers put in their paypal details BEFORE placing a bid, then the money automatically goes out when they win.
I think most of people who have bought from me so far watch their bids or respond to the payment request straight away or do have automated payment set up cos ive been very lucky. Thanks for your reply. I’m currently on first name terms with staff in our post office lol.