Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 4 Jul 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I been thinking about watching this for a while as people kept saying how good it was.

I noticed it was available on iPlayer a few days ago and I thought I would just watch a couple of episodes to see what it was like...

I’m well and truly hooked!
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
I've just finished binge watching this on BBCiPlayer (3 episodes at night). Absolutely loved the series. Remember my DD telling me how good it was.
Old 5 Jul 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

It is spectacularly good, such suspense and cliffhangers!

Parts of it were also filmed in the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley. My hubby works there as a tour guide, but has never been rostered on duty on a day when they were filming there, unfortunately! But when we are watching the programme, we can recognise bits of the museum!

My mum used to work as a part-time barmaid in The Garrison pub years ago, we lived round the corner from it in Small Heath.
Old 5 Jul 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post

Parts of it were also filmed in the Black Country Living Museum in Dudley. My hubby works there as a tour guide, but has never been rostered on duty on a day when they were filming there, unfortunately! But when we are watching the programme, we can recognise bits of the museum!

My mum used to work as a part-time barmaid in The Garrison pub years ago, we lived round the corner from it in Small Heath.
wow its a real boozer*, i take it is still open?

*obviously the one in peaky blinders is a set
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
wow its a real boozer*, i take it is still open?

*obviously the one in peaky blinders is a set
It WAS a real boozer, right up until 2014, when it was sold to a private developer. However, I have no idea what happend to it after that or whether it is still open now.

So yeah, the PB one is indeed a set!
Old 8 Jul 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

It WAS a real boozer, right up until 2014, when it was sold to a private developer. However, I have no idea what happend to it after that or whether it is still open now.

So yeah, the PB one is indeed a set!
just had a google looks like its now derelict after buyer couldn't get permission to change into flats..

someone has missed a trick imo
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

Another one here just started watching it and now totally hooked !
A great series 😍 with fantastic acting!
Now up to season 3 and will probably finish binge watching all 4 seasons this week.
Looking forward to Season 5 starting in Autumn 😀
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

have enjoyed the programme right from the start although historically they are way out on dates as I believe the real Peaky Blinders were a Victorian gang that had filtered away by 1918...just as the TV series started.

I'm told the place used for Thomas Shelby's mansion is in Cheshire.

As a black country lad myself the best line in all the series was when the Shelby's asked for help from the gangs down the road and someone said " it's got to be bad if the Brummies and the Black Country are on the same side"

I'm off to see the premiere of the first episode of the new series next week in Brum

Edited at 06:25 PM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

really love the Black Country museum, great family day out and if I still lived in the area and would certainly offer my services.

However on our last visit my daughters couldn't wait to tell me they are have a new section which is all about the 60's and then adding weren't you alive then !
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
I'm off to see the premiere of the first episode of the new series next week in Brum
How did you get tickets for that?! I applied but no such luck! Can't wait. Season 4 was outstanding.
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List