Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
Wow! If that is all it took for you to hate something then you must have a lot of enemies.

You had a bad experience and unfortunately it happens. There are people that have reported much worse than that and spanning the many tour operators.

I’m assuming you also won’t go back to a restaurant if you had a bad meal even if there’s been a change in management?

Anyway, I think the issue is that people are genuinely worried about the TC situation but there are some people who are coming on here and encouraging people to cancel or heightening those worries with conjecture, which I think is awful.

Yes some articles bear bad news others are positive.

Unfortunately no one will know until we know and press is very political and can spin stories to match their own bias.
A particular newspaper has a strong hatred for TC. And they are doing everything in their power to see the company go under. Unfortunately some people will believe the spin.
I can see your logic and don't disagree with it, but in my own head whilst there are other people to give my money to who have treated me better that's what I will do.

I realise this might be a little "cutting my nose off to spite myself" but I'm loathed to give them any of my hard earned cash.

You are correct though, no one knows what will happen - industry experts are disagreeing with each other on what is going to happen (and they have a pretty good idea of what is actually going on) so if these insiders haven't got a clue the average guy can only be guessing at best.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
So they bumped us from a flight in the middle of the Carribbean and refused to put us up for the night, next flight wasn't for two days.

Poor student, with little cash and before the days of the internet to get parents to transfer cash quickly.

They paid up on return after we threatened legal action. So I think I have a valid reason to absolutely hate them, and wish they didn't exist. However I also realise that the people who will be affected most aren't the ones that dream up these crazy policies or who ran the finances down the toilet.
Are you being serious?

I'd fully understand if they didn't pay up afterwards but they did.

The thing is, this can happen now with not just TC but VA/BA etc etc... however there are much better policies in place now to prevent this happening, then there obviously were when you had your 'poor' experience of having additional days in the Caribbean.

You forget to remember that the 1.5b debt is due to the write of of MyTravel however almost every other airline also made big losses but we won't mention that.

Never mind eh!
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 04:11 PM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
Are you being serious?

The thing is, this can happen now with not just TC but VA/BA etc etc... however there are much better policies in place now to prevent this happening, then there obviously were when you had your 'poor' experience of having additional days in the Caribbean.

You forget to remember that the 1.5b debt is due to the write of of MyTravel however almost every other airline also made big losses but we won't mention that.

Never mind eh!
They only paid up because we sued them.

The issue was that as a student we didn't have the free cash to spend on the accomodations and food after they stranded us, we were left effectively homeless. A friendly American family gave us some cash to survive, TC couldn't have cared less.

This was back in 96 before it was easy to just transfer cash online etc
Old 19 Jul 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Are you being serious?

Never mind eh!
No one forced then to buy my travel though
Old 19 Jul 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

They only paid up because we sued them.

The issue was that as a student we didn't have the free cash to spend on the accomodations and food after they stranded us, we were left effectively homeless. A friendly American family gave us some cash to survive, TC couldn't have cared less.

This was back in 96 before it was easy to just transfer cash online etc
Ok.. so this was a fair bit of time before the current policies/regulations were put in place, however you also only mentioned you 'threatened' legal action but failed to mention you infact sued them, so it now makes sense why you're still sour towards them.

No one forced then to buy my travel though
Correct, however 2007 was a very different time in regards to where the economy was and where it is now.

Edited at 04:46 PM.
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Ok.. so this was a fair bit of time before the current policies/regulations were put in place, however you also only mentioned you 'threatened' legal action but failed to mention you infact sued them, so it now makes sense why you're still sour towards them.

Correct, however 2007 was a very different time in regards to where the economy was and where it is now.
Absolutely, I realise my position might be extreme, but it makes me feel ok.

I totally understand others will still do it though
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have had bad experiences in my life, would it make me want thousands of people to lose their livelihoods? No, definitely not. I can understand that you wouldn't want to holiday with them, but surely not for people to lose money, jobs, security, holidays.
Anyway, our flights are booked and looking forward to next year.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
I have had bad experiences in my life, would it make me want thousands of people to lose their livelihoods? No, definitely not. I can understand that you wouldn't want to holiday with them, but surely not for people to lose money, jobs, security, holidays.
Anyway, our flights are booked and looking forward to next year.
I'm doing that thing of sitting in the middle, on one hand I'd be very happy if they didn't exist on the other I'd be upset for the people displaced by their downfall.

This is a common way of viewing the world, best summed up by the phrase "hate the game not the player"

I hate the company, I don't hate their staff or customers
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

This thread has gone a bit off topic now, dont you think?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Miss_Shell View Post
This thread has gone a bit off topic now, dont you think?
I'd expect nothing less at 300+ replies in

But yes it has gone completely off topic.