Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mirabeau
Earning More Ears

Mobile Broken wrist four days before Orlando!

Hi. My 11 year old fractured his wrist last night which is now sporting a plaster cast up to his elbow. It's not a complete wrap, so is OK for flying. But obviously it's put all our theme park plans into turmoil, especially as we fly to Orlando on Tuesday.

We've had the OK from the doctor for travelling.

I'd thought anything water related was gone. Bummer as we'd booked discovery cove dolphin experience. But I've seen some great products and reviews for covers like Blocc and Drypro which might save some activities.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

If these are going to work, my next problem is timing and geography for ordering. We live in the Channel Islands and ordering/delivery before we fly to Gatwick on Monday evening is impossible.

So I'm looking at courier services that could collect from the UK supplier on Monday and deliver to our Gatwick Premier Inn before our 11.15 flight on Tuesday.

It's all a bit mad right now, but we are just trying to salvage as much as as possible.
mirabeau is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Can you see if Boots has them and pick up in store at Gatwick
Walmart also do them with pick up in store a two day delivery time

Edited at 07:19 AM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

I agree with aove, your best bet may actually be the American side. Also try sports shops stateside, dicks sporting goods maybe?
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mirabeau
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thanks for replies and advice.

I've found three suppliers listed on the Drypro website about 23mins drive from our Universal hotel.

Will look at Walmart etc next. So I'm more hopeful now even if the UK side doesn't work.
Old 18 May 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

My 2 year old broke his leg 8 days before flying to Ibiza last year. He had a cast and we had booked a villa with a pool and the was no way would he miss out and watch his 2 older brothers go in the pool without him.

My best advice would be to ‘double bag’. Many products we tried only seemed to keep 95% of the water out. Maybe as it was his leg it was fully submerged and the water pressure deeper seemed to force a little in. We put 2 different products on. First one was like a tight rubber, then over the top way more like a looser bad with tight elasticised top. The 5% of water that got into the first meant that nothing got into the 2nd. He was in the pool for hours and was 100% dry.

Oh yeah we also put a sock on top of his pot just for belt and braces in case the odd drip got through. It’s totally doable.
itz_baseline is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Swimmer68
VIP Dibber

Hi my daughter broke her arm and had it wired about a week before we flew . We got a waterproof arm covering it was delivered really quick next day I think . We went to discovery cove and it honestly made the experience even better for her - the trainer took her separately for some time alone a bit away from the group to show the dolphin the cast so the dolphin wasn’t worried. We also took the cover to the parks and put it on for any of the water rides and things that you get splashed on . Daughter just ached a bit so keep on top on pain meds but certainly didn’t ruin her holiday - have fun
Swimmer68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Poor kid...Imagine the mental anguish they are going through !

At least it looks like you have options !
Old 18 May 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Other alternative would be Amazon and delivery to their lockers. Either to a locker close to your premier inn or to a locker in Orlando.
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mirabeau
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by loopyloo33 View Post
Other alternative would be Amazon and delivery to their lockers. Either to a locker close to your premier inn or to a locker in Orlando.
They have a locker right next to the Premier Inn it seems! One of the cast protectors shows as next day delivery to the locker, so that's a great option. Thanks!
Old 18 May 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I had a Limbo for my cast - I only used it in the bath & shower but it didn’t ever leak a drop

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List