Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 May 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
olaf38
Getting Excited

Mobile Struggling with LA, any help appreciated

So this is our current plan for LA. We are 2 adults, DS14, DD 12 traveling in mid August.
Day 1 Universal
Day 2 Griffith Park, walk of Fame
Day 3 Santa Monica and Venice Beach

Just really not sure what else to do. Does this sound about right?
I've read loads of trip reports, been on Trip Advisor top things to do, HOHO bus hasn't got great reviews, we are not really into museums, are we missing anything that you think is a must do?
We are off to Disney for 3 days after this. Thanks all
olaf38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Shmee
Imagineer

Have you thought about the Warner Bros Studio Tour? We’re going for the first time this summer and are planning to do it. It sounds great and gets good reviews.
Shmee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Sally95
Earning More Ears

Hi, my friend and I went recently and wanted to do something different. So we took a tour from Dearly Departed Tours. They have a few different ones, but the one we went on was a historical crime journey through LA with a bit of celebrity home spotting. The tour guide was great and we saw a lot of the city. It makes a change from the usual celebrity bus tour.
Sally95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

The Warner Bros Studio tour was one of the best things we did and that was with 2 teenagers
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

if you have a car take a road trip to Laguna beach and Newport beach, both lovely! Newport a bit larger with a little island (balboa island) accessible by ferry and nice marina.
Also, thought about a day trip to Palm springs and the living dessert there, a nice private run zoo in the dessert.
Also trip to santa Barbara and Malibu could be an option too.
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

What are your interests, what do you normally do on a beach holiday or a city break? There’s so much to do in LA, take a look at the Discover LA website.if it’s just the 3 days you have I would add Downtown LA to day 2 and Malibu to Day 3. Stunning drive between SM and Malibu.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
olaf38
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
Have you thought about the Warner Bros Studio Tour? We’re going for the first time this summer and are planning to do it. It sounds great and gets good reviews.
Thanks, would you do that as well as universal?
olaf38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
olaf38
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sally95 View Post
Hi, my friend and I went recently and wanted to do something different. So we took a tour from Dearly Departed Tours. They have a few different ones, but the one we went on was a historical crime journey through LA with a bit of celebrity home spotting. The tour guide was great and we saw a lot of the city. It makes a change from the usual celebrity bus tour.
Thanks I'll look into this
Old 18 May 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
olaf38
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
What are your interests, what do you normally do on a beach holiday or a city break? There’s so much to do in LA, take a look at the Discover LA website.if it’s just the 3 days you have I would add Downtown LA to day 2 and Malibu to Day 3. Stunning drive between SM and Malibu.
We try to do a mix if possible, I like the idea of your additions to day 2 and 3 thank you
Old 18 May 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
olaf38
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
if you have a car take a road trip to Laguna beach and Newport beach, both lovely! Newport a bit larger with a little island (balboa island) accessible by ferry and nice marina.
Also, thought about a day trip to Palm springs and the living dessert there, a nice private run zoo in the dessert.
Also trip to santa Barbara and Malibu could be an option too.
Thanks for your recommendations I'll look into it