Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 May 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Why was he not put into a middle row aisle seat. At least you could have got in and out at the other end of the row.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Why was he not put into a middle row aisle seat. At least you could have got in and out at the other end of the row.
Or more to the point, why did he himself not choose a middle row aisle seat, selfish obnoxious so & so. OP, I’m fuming for you!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

What a bully of a man ... I wouldn’t have climbed over him ... AT ALL ... he might have quiet enjoyed you climbing over him ... once he told me I couldn’t use the loo and he would be asleep my first thing would have been well I usually go every hour ... so I will be WAKING you up plus I will be stretching my legs quiet a bit and be walking round the plane cheeky b@&#*£d
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

There’s no way I would have climbed over him - you could have injured yourselves or him if you slipped. Virgin shouldn’t have allowed this situation to arise - they could have seated him in the middle seats as others have said. I would certainly be complaining and asking for the cabin crew involved on that flight to be retrained.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pav438 View Post
As I said before I tried to do this but was told they don’t have time to move him they would miss there time slot as they were boarding they did not help one bit the worst crew ever had on a flight .
I'm not criticising your course of action - just saying I would have struggled to physically to climb over the other passenger (even if I'd wanted to). The problem is Virgin's. I'm on your side.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

this actually makes me angry just reading this.
You must complain to the airline.
Princess Alison is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I actually could not have climbed over him!
The bulkhead seats are for disabled passengers and they get priority over travel cots so I'm sure that's where he should have been.
Definitely complain you did nothing wrong and that crew will hopefully get some retraining because none of us want to find ourselves being looked after by them.
From my experience disabled do not get priority over travel cots on VA
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
So how would you have expected this scenario to have been handled? What should Virgin or whomever you are angry with have done differently?
They should have insisted that the passenger move or (If possible) move the OP ! At the very least it's dangerous making passengers climb over another passenger and at worst it's Health and Safety! What would happen if this passenger was under the influence of a sleeping tablet ( as he said he would be taking one) and the OP and his wife couldn't get out !

The onus is definatley on Virgin to sort out .
Dougie is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pav438 View Post
As I said before I tried to do this but was told they don’t have time to move him they would miss there time slot as they were boarding they did not help one bit the worst crew ever had on a flight .
Then they put your safety at risk for an on time departure which is unacceptable.

I don’t doubt the man was horrible, but this situation was of Virgin’s making if you raised it to them.

If it happens again to anyone I hope they feel as though they can challenge the crew further. Your safety (and that of the obnoxious passenger) is more important than getting away on time and you are well within your rights to dig your heels in.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Ok this would make me so angry, I’m in the camp of, if I cant go to the loo/I know the loo is unpleasant, I would need to go constantly!
But I also wouldn’t have been able to climb over him without breaking his legs with my weight, so that’s dangerous, and he’s resricting my access to the exit/the crews access to me, in the event of an emergency, if you’d needed medical attention beyond a sick bag and pain relief, the crew would be seriously delayed getting to you because of this man. That’s the reason those less able should be sat in the middle aisle or bulkhead seats, If the crew moved him there, they need to have a review of their health and safety manuals because they were effective endangering your lives and didn’t want to know!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List