Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile Booking with Virgin...

I have a few questions that I would be grateful for any help with!
1. When can you link the booking with MDE? Is it with a Disney reference or Virgin booking number?
2. Flying from Manchester - will the plane have the bubble? Does being on the bubble mean you get on last?
3. Is it worth paying for the V room or is the terminal ok?
4. Do children still get the goody bags?
5. At the 331 day mark you can book seats, do you have to have paid off the balance of your holiday by then?
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

- For the next few years, yes there should be a bubble. Have to pay extra for that though, about £35 per person per flight. No you don't get on last, and you should get off just after Upper and Premium, so before the main economy downstairs.
- I personally wouldn't pay for the V room, we've booked twice now with it included for free. You could probably get a meal cheaper at Frankie and Bennys cheaper than what the Vroom would cost.
- I believe children get goody bags still yes on the outbound flight.
- You can book seats straight away. Downstairs are free, bubble cost extra as previously mentioned.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
show_the_magic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you, I'm hoping to get the bubble when we book seats!
I've not been to Manchester airport so will have a look at their website for places to eat.
show_the_magic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

I can only answer to goody bag question but yes children get a bag when they get on the flight We are flying again in the morning and the kids remembered last night about these and are really excited now!
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DaveyP
A Guest at All-Stars

The Virgin Booking number will be the number you need to link to MDE, not everything will show on MDE straight away though so don't panic. more will show the closer you get to your trip.

We have got the V Room included on our last 2 Virgin bookings, ask nicely! I thinks its worth doing, its a nicer start to your trip than the bustle of the main terminal building.

You don't need to have paid off your balance to book seats on the plane.
2023 Disney Dream North Europe
DaveyP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We did the V-room recently in Gatwick and absolutley loved it, 100% worth the cost. It was £22 each and by the time you've paid for a hot breakfast and drinks in the airport that's not much more but you get so much more.

I just posted pictures of the V-room food etc in my food report if you want to look.

When we flew they boarded the bubble after upper and PE etc but before the rest of economy
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We've been on 3 virgin flights in the last 5 years and never received a kids goody bag, I think it must be hit and miss.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

'The Bubble' will only be available until the end of 2020 as they'll be retiring their 747's prior to 2021.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tiredmumof2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DaveyP View Post
The Virgin Booking number will be the number you need to link to MDE, not everything will show on MDE straight away though so don't panic. more will show the closer you get to your trip.

We have got the V Room included on our last 2 Virgin bookings, ask nicely! I thinks its worth doing, its a nicer start to your trip than the bustle of the main terminal building.

You don't need to have paid off your balance to book seats on the plane.
I don’t think this is the case. It would only work if you’ve booked a Disney hotel, and not just the tickets. Sorry if this is what you’re referring to. Otherwise you have to wait until your Disney tickets are issued then link to MDE.
The V lounge is worth the money, away from the hustle and bustle and you’d more than likely pay the same in an in airport restaurant.
Going back! Universal Endless Summer Suites October 2019, Hawthorn Suite LBV October 2010, Villa in Davenport - April 09, Disney Animal Kingdom - April 06, Disney All Star Movies - April 05, Enclave Suites - Nov 02 and Mar 04, Rodeway Inn - Apr 98 and Mar 2000

Edited at 09:09 PM.
tiredmumof2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Jonathan213
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

I’ve recently booked with virgin for Feb next year and it took just over a week before I was able to link the booking to MDE, we are staying onsite.
Jonathan213 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List