Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 May 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ali. November was a disaster there. Every meal was cold.
The 2 good ones were this trip.
I was hoping things were on the up after they chopped the last head chef. Apparently not
One would expect this place would be top of its game with all the good competition nearby. It really does need a total rehab and shake up and making a destination dining experience - it looks like an 80's golf club I always think with the gaudy carpet, hole in wall bar etc. SSR really needs something like that lovely bar/ quick serve they put in at Wilderness Lodge.
Old 25 May 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Can dvc opt out of cleaning?
Old 26 May 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
One would expect this place would be top of its game with all the good competition nearby. It really does need a total rehab and shake up and making a destination dining experience - it looks like an 80's golf club I always think with the gaudy carpet, hole in wall bar etc. SSR really needs something like that lovely bar/ quick serve they put in at Wilderness Lodge.
We love Geyser Point, it’s one of the reasons we added on at Copper Creek & another reason why we love the Poly as we can sit out at Trader Sams.

So many resorts seem to lack that outside space though, it’s not just SSR. I think Disney need step up in that area, that would make so many more resorts more appealing (to me anyway) ☺️
Old 26 May 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
Can dvc opt out of cleaning?
You can refuse it but not in the same fashion as a Moderate etc where you get financial compensation. It would just be a case of ringing up and saying cancel the clean etc.

I wish they would put the stuff inside the room and let us get on with it ourselves.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I know it's on here somewhere but could someone please post the DVC housekeeping schedule. Thank you!
Old 29 May 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I know it's on here somewhere but could someone please post the DVC housekeeping schedule. Thank you!
For stays of seven or fewer nights, Trash and Towel Service is provided on day four. With this service, Housekeeping will

Empty the trash and put new liners in the wastebaskets
Provide fresh bathroom towels
Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels, and toilet paper
Replenish coffee, sugar, and cream
Replenish diswashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, sponges, and laundry detergent as applicable

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash and Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12. With Full Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash and Towel Service, plus

Change the bed linens
Vacuum and dust
Clean the bathroom(s)
Clean the kitchen/ette and wash the dishes

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
For stays of seven or fewer nights, Trash and Towel Service is provided on day four. With this service, Housekeeping will

Empty the trash and put new liners in the wastebaskets
Provide fresh bathroom towels
Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap
Replenish facial tissues, paper towels, and toilet paper
Replenish coffee, sugar, and cream
Replenish diswashing liquid, dishwasher detergent, sponges, and laundry detergent as applicable

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash and Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12. With Full Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash and Towel Service, plus

Change the bed linens
Vacuum and dust
Clean the bathroom(s)
Clean the kitchen/ette and wash the dishes
Thank you!
Old 30 May 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've never quite understood why you get a full clean on day 4 but only T&T on day 8, especially when most of us haven't really been near the room on day 1!
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I've never quite understood why you get a full clean on day 4 but only T&T on day 8, especially when most of us haven't really been near the room on day 1!
Sd
Spot on, most weird. I would prefer the routine you suggest as well.

Actually no. I would prefer they reduced my annual dues and put the basket inside the room and I will do it.