Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Jelkat View Post
I personally will only travel direct (also living close to airport). I like arriving late as it means once in accommodation its straight to bed for all.Then up & out early next morning. I love being able to get off plane and get backs so quickly. Also usually less traffic on roads so get to destination quicker. We have hours in the park too on last day which is great and the nighttime flight home really helps.Usually arrive home about 10am but times have changed now and arrival time home at midday is even better as can stay awake all day and get an early flight.
This thread has got me wondering if I pass Dibbers here in my part of West Dublin on a daily basis without realising.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So we are 40 mins from Dublin airport. We have been very lucky to have been a fair few times normally direct with AL. For this yr AL wanted €5100 for 2 adults and 2 children. I got the 4 of us with a Hyundi Santa Fe for 3 weeks indirect with BA thru Gatwick for €3100. It was a no brainer. We get into Orlando at 3.15 hopefully. AL wasn't leaving Dublin till 4.30pm. Will miss pre clearance for sure but for that saving I couldn't justify it. We will be hyper going out it's the return journey I wont be looking forward to.
Ciano is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jelkat
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
This thread has got me wondering if I pass Dibbers here in my part of West Dublin on a daily basis without realising.
Haha, only if you are ever walking on the northside 😉😁
Jelkat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tigertoots
I have Ears

Have done this many times (DUB pre-clearance). Especially after we once arrived on BA LGW-MCO and had to wait 2hrs on the plane (held because immigration hall too busy) then 1.5hrs in hall!

We fly out to DUB the night before and then fly DUB-CLT-MCO or DUB-JFK-MCO the next day. Slightly different circumstances I guess as we are going business class so save a large amount of money by flying from DUB and not the UK.
tigertoots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

To answer the original question I would put a Ł0 monetary value on flying via dublin to pre-clear

It would however be a factor when choosing between a connection in another country or one through dublin
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
leanne1302
Proud to wear my Ears

In a word, yes. we drive down from Belfast to fly out of Dublin and as long we your connecting flight is in the US then you can pre-clear. to arrive into the states as a domestic passenger is definitely worth the extra money getting an indirect flight. you cannot pre-clear if your connection is a UK based airport.
leanne1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We are the opposite - we are also from NI and we’d only consider flying from Dublin if it was A LOT cheaper than from Belfast. In saying that, if I couldn’t get direct from Belfast, I’d obviously prefer flying from Dublin rather than having to fly via England. So I guess the pre-clearance is more like an added bonus in my opinion.
JudeB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

For us it's a huge bonus, yes you still have to go through the process in Dublin but we've always found the Dublin based immigration officer's to be very polite & pleasant & the whole process is quick & easy.
We'd much rather get it over & done with before we get on the plane than after a long flight.
We start our journey in Heathrow & leave plenty of time to do a bit of shopping & hang out in the lounge in Dublin on the way out & on the way back we grab a shower in the lounge & have a bite to eat before catching the flight back to London.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I was stood in Dublin airport this week thinking about this and the couple behind me were having a conversation about how they'd found preclearance at DUB tougher than at US entry. (I was flying back to London after a family funeral )

I've always gone via London when flying from DUB but after two trips to the US my far less travelled new husband hates MCO immigration and has been asking if we should try Dublin . Maybe we will next time, on a side note if airport hotels are coming up very expensive as they sometimes do , I stayed at DCU Glasnevin and found it very cheap and convenient in the student accomadation. (Usually I stay with family but after a tragic house fire it wasn't possible this time ... check your smoke alarms people, please !)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tigertoots View Post
Have done this many times (DUB pre-clearance). Especially after we once arrived on BA LGW-MCO and had to wait 2hrs on the plane (held because immigration hall too busy) then 1.5hrs in hall!

We fly out to DUB the night before and then fly DUB-CLT-MCO or DUB-JFK-MCO the next day. Slightly different circumstances I guess as we are going business class so save a large amount of money by flying from DUB and not the UK.
Hi - we're doing this route for the first time - DUB the night before and then fly DUB-CLT-MCO - what's it like?

Thanks
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List