Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kthead5
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Holiday advice

Hello I’m looking for some tips

I am wanting to book to go to Florida next April time.

I have 3 children 8,5,1. Please can you advise me of the best way to book. Am I best if staying in a WDW hotel or on international drive?

Does anyone know which travel agents are offering the best deals at the moment?
kthead5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by kthead5 View Post
Hello I’m looking for some tips

I am wanting to book to go to Florida next April time.

I have 3 children 8,5,1. Please can you advise me of the best way to book. Am I best if staying in a WDW hotel or on international drive?

Does anyone know which travel agents are offering the best deals at the moment?
To be honest only you and your budget can decide on the best way to book and as deals are constantly changing you are best to do your own research
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

There are lots of things to take in to account. Do you want to drive over there? If not I would rule out international drive (or other off site areas such as Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee) unless you want to use Uber or Lyft to get to the parks as most hotels only have a couple of shuttles a day and with young kids you need more flexibility.

However to get regular transport you don't have to stay on site. There are some Disney partner hotels which offer transport throughout the day.

If you are happy to get a car and drive then Orlando is your oyster and you could consider any hotel, condo or villa that meets your needs.

Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll have a great time .
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Everyone and every family is different.

But my 2 pence. Kids, 8, 5 and 1. I'm guessing this is your first trip based on your question.

So... I would say you should just do Disney. 4 parks and 2 waterparks with 3 young kids on a first trip is loads. You won't get it all done.

Decision is then probably between a villa (and driving) or staying onsite - possibly looking at free dinning offer (though I am not sure of blackout dates).

I would suggest for some more ideas / advice, possibly answer the following questions:

Are you (or 1 of your party) happy to drive?
Do 1 of you want to drive?
What is your total budget?
Will you be sticking strictly to school holidays?
How important is the Disney bubble - character meals / environment 24/7?
How important is having lots of space for your family?
Do you think your group will like waterparks?
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kthead5
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Everyone and every family is different.

But my 2 pence. Kids, 8, 5 and 1. I'm guessing this is your first trip based on your question.

So... I would say you should just do Disney. 4 parks and 2 waterparks with 3 young kids on a first trip is loads. You won't get it all done.

Decision is then probably between a villa (and driving) or staying onsite - possibly looking at free dinning offer (though I am not sure of blackout dates).

I would suggest for some more ideas / advice, possibly answer the following questions:

Are you (or 1 of your party) happy to drive?
Do 1 of you want to drive?
What is your total budget?
Will you be sticking strictly to school holidays?
How important is the Disney bubble - character meals / environment 24/7?
How important is having lots of space for your family?
Do you think your group will like waterparks?
Thank you.

Both me or my husband don’t mind driving. Only if we had to though.

If we booked a Disney hotel and flights separate would we need to lake our own way to the hotel?

My budget well that’s a tricky one because I don’t have a clue where to start. What would you say is the average price per person for a package?

Yes we like the water parks and doing the 4 parks and 2 water parks would be what we want to do!

It’s just understanding weather it’s a villa or Disney hotel!?

How much is parking if we had to drive to the theme park daily?

I’m just trying to get a general idea!

Thanks.
kthead5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Try a dummy booking from the Disney website to get an idea of prices to stay on site. Then have a look at villas and off site hotels. Either here is the villa section or on a website like homeaway or Expedia etc. It will give you an idea about what the costs will be.

Flight prices are out for April now so use skyscanner to see. Then it’s a case of looking at travel agent deals.

If you stay onsite you would get the magical express from the airport and then use Disney transport. Off site and with a car you’d need to factor in $25 per day to park.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you.

Both me or my husband don’t mind driving. Only if we had to though.

If we booked a Disney hotel and flights separate would we need to lake our own way to the hotel?

My budget well that’s a tricky one because I don’t have a clue where to start. What would you say is the average price per person for a package?

Yes we like the water parks and doing the 4 parks and 2 water parks would be what we want to do!

It’s just understanding weather it’s a villa or Disney hotel!?

How much is parking if we had to drive to the theme park daily?

I’m just trying to get a general idea!

Thanks.
If you'd rather not drive a Disney hotel is probably more suitable for you, if you fly into Orlando international airport you can prebook the Disney magical express for free airport transfers to and from your hotel, if you give your criteria to charter travel I find they have very competitive prices, I would say you'll never find a 'cheap' Disney deal as it's always expensive but of course you'll want the best price as there can be up to £500pp difference from one agent to another, if you book with the free dining plan offer I find this is good value as we only end up spending around $800 over two weeks for a family of three and that's just on some clothes shopping and extra souvenirs.
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
clarebearuk
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

To give you a rough idea of costs if u stay at a villa,

Flights £500 per person
Villa £1200-£1500 for 2 weeks
Car hire £400-£500
Disney park tickets including 2 water parks £400 each
Buggy hire £100

You can price to stay at a Disney hotel on Disney’s website and if you do, take off the price of the villa and car hire.

We used to stay on international drive before we had kids, small cheap studio apartment and hired a car. Last year we spent 2 weeks at a villa.

This July we are staying for 3 nights in a Disney hotel for the experience and 11 on a villa. The villa is costing us £950 for 11 nights and £150 a night approx for the Disney hotel.

Hope this helps as it’s such a mind field when you haven’t been before x
clarebearuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kthead5
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by clarebearuk View Post
To give you a rough idea of costs if u stay at a villa,

Flights £500 per person
Villa £1200-£1500 for 2 weeks
Car hire £400-£500
Disney park tickets including 2 water parks £400 each
Buggy hire £100

You can price to stay at a Disney hotel on Disney’s website and if you do, take off the price of the villa and car hire.

We used to stay on international drive before we had kids, small cheap studio apartment and hired a car. Last year we spent 2 weeks at a villa.

This July we are staying for 3 nights in a Disney hotel for the experience and 11 on a villa. The villa is costing us £950 for 11 nights and £150 a night approx for the Disney hotel.

Hope this helps as it’s such a mind field when you haven’t been before x
Thank you.

So I did a quick look on the Disney website. And to stay in a value Disney hotel with flights it 3300 and with tickets it works out about £5100 for 2 weeks.

I’m sure if this is expensive or cheap! I think that’s my problem I have nothing to compare it to!
Old 25 May 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you.

So I did a quick look on the Disney website. And to stay in a value Disney hotel with flights it 3300 and with tickets it works out about £5100 for 2 weeks.

I’m sure if this is expensive or cheap! I think that’s my problem I have nothing to compare it to!
For the size of your family at a value resort that sounds about the norm... Possibly worth staying at a moderate resort to get the free quick service dining plan as this can save you alot once you get there
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List