Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile Will Virgin move me?

I booked seats for me and my son (over 12) in the bubble at $45 each. When I was booking, a notice popped up saying all kids under 12 will be seated with parents.
Currently there are enough seats for the rest of my kids in the bubble but do Virgin pre assign those before OLCI opens or will I be scrambling to try and get them when OLCI starts?
I thought it would be enoigh to just pay for those 2 seats and the rest would follow... but what if they move me and my son so we can sit with the other kids (and refund me)
I really want to sit in the bubble but it's a huge expense to pay 250 for everyone to sit there and I can't justify it.
Does any one know if they pre assign kids.?
Thank you
Old 26 May 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm not sure I follow...have you selected your seats in the bubble? Have you selected the rest of your groups seats elsewhere? Assuming there's an adult with any other children I cannot see why they'd move you.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I would think they would move you if anything. The bubble seats are so sought after that I doubt whether they’d hold them for you without charge. The seats are allocated per booking so they could insist you sit with an under 12 and the over 12 has to sit with the others as they’re technically an adult on the flight. I’m not sure i’d take the risk. They will more than likely sell the rest of the bubble seats and won’t move those passengers to accommodate you, so I would either book all of you or none of you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

So you’ve paid for bubble seats for adults and children over 12 and you are hoping Virgin will seat the rest of your party on “premium” seats for free? I have no idea if Virgin are that generous. The reference to under 12s being sat with parents is so people don’t need to book basic seats just to sit with children.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post

If you want the rest of your kids to sit in the bubble you will have to pay for them even at OLCI (if there were any left). Bubble seats are always chargeable.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
If you want the rest of your kids to sit in the bubble you will have to pay for them even at OLCI (if there were any left). Bubble seats are always chargeable.
Oh really? I didn't know that. Oh dear.

Yes @Mickie that's more or less it.
Tea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As said the upper deck economy seats are £35 per person per flight so I doubt Virgin would seat your party with you up there.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Also this close to travel are there enough economy seats for you all still to sit together?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

So you want Virgin to move people out of the seats they have paid for because you want the seats but don't want to pay for them? Unlikely to happen I'd say.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Let me get this straight, you've booked bubble seats for you and an over 12, and there are still under 12's in your party without assigned seats?
If thats the case the adults in the party will be sat with the under 12's, and that will undoubtedly be in the standard seats downstairs due to safety/safeguarding issues
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List