Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

If you are a member of Virgin frequent flying club then Red members (the lowest category of membership) can select their seats 72 hours beforehand so 2 days before OLCI. That may help you.
Old 26 May 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

@MarkJ if it comes to it, we'll all just sit together downstairs. Tbf, a lot of the questions on here are answerable by calling TUI/BA/ Disney or Google.

I *did* call Virgin in the end and they said as was answered on here basically - if you definitely all want to sit upstairs together you should pay, otherwise take your chances at OLCI or Virgin would move us all downstairs together.
Actually she mentioned "asking at the airport" which I certainly won't be doing. I wouldn't expect other passengers to move for my family in those circumstances.

Edited at 03:25 PM.
Tea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
I *did* call Virgin in the end and they said as was answered on here basically - if you definitely all want to sit upstairs together you should pay, otherwise take your chances at OLCI or Virgin would move us all downstairs together.
Actually she mentioned "asking at the airport" which I certainly won't be doing. I wouldn't expect other passengers to move for my family in those circumstances.
Good for you, I think you ave been treated unfairly on this forum, from what I have seen you have booked seats for you and a child over 12 as you know they could well be separated from you and you expect virgin to seat you all together and are hop8ng you will all be seated in the bubble. You are asking if this is likely that is all you are asking, you are not plann8ng on being seperated from your children, you are not thinking of not booking seats and expecting others to move for you (which many on here seem to think ok to do) all you are asking is if you need to pay extra money to get something or whether it is not possible. Well I hope you get all together in the bubble and that you have a super holiday bubble or no bubble.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

My concern would be that you get moved and then cannot sit side by side your children due to the available seats.

How many of you are traveling?

Personally I'd book all the seats I needed now either for free downstairs or pay in the bubble. Personally I couldn't risk not being side by side my children especially as the only adult traveling.

Edited at 03:46 PM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Have you booked Economy Light fares? If you have booked Classic then it is free to select your seats in the main cabin (not in the bubble), you don't have to wait until OLCI.
Old 27 May 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

@MarkJ if it comes to it, we'll all just sit together downstairs. Tbf, a lot of the questions on here are answerable by calling TUI/BA/ Disney or Google.

Perfect, I'm glad I was able to help
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm hardly going to leave my kids fend for themselves, even if that were allowed (which it isn't) under aviation rules.
The problem is that you, like most people would, have assumed that the CAA guideline about seating under 12s with someone over 12 is a rule that is always adhered too.

It isn't, and no airline has too, they are just heavily advised to. Equally the CAA definition of "next too" can be the seat in front or behind you or the one over the aisle

Generally virgin seat kids with the parents, in fact virgin generally sit parties together wherever they can (even if you don't pre-book)

Paying extra is a choice people do it for a number of reasons

1) to get a legroom seat
2) to go upstairs
3) to maximise their chances of all sitting together
4) to acquire what they think is a better seat

No answer is right - but if you want to be all sat together you will need to pre select all seats at the same time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The problem is that you, like most people would, have assumed that the CAA guideline about seating under 12s with someone over 12 is a rule that is always adhered too.

It isn't, and no airline has too, they are just heavily advised to. Equally the CAA definition of "next too" can be the seat in front or behind you or the one over the aisle

Generally virgin seat kids with the parents, in fact virgin generally sit parties together wherever they can (even if you don't pre-book)

Paying extra is a choice people do it for a number of reasons

1) to get a legroom seat
2) to go upstairs
3) to maximise their chances of all sitting together
4) to acquire what they think is a better seat

No answer is right - but if you want to be all sat together you will need to pre select all seats at the same time
I think I used the wrong too/to above
Old 27 May 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I think I used the wrong too/to above
I don't think anywun gets tooo conserned about spellin or granmar on this site

MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
I don't think anywun gets tooo conserned about spellin or granmar on this site

I'm always concerned about Grandma