Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 May 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
helbel84
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Avanti resort- worries bad reviews

Booked Avanti resort (not Avanti palms which seems to get better reviews!) a few weeks ago for next month. It had mixed reviews but now I keep seeing more bad than good and getting really worried.
Booked flight and hotel through ba and tempted to call and see if I can change hotel, or do I go with it and hope for the best?! If there are any problems and they don’t get resolved would ba have to do something about it? And how would I contact them?
Preparing for the worst 😂
Please put my worrying mind at ease!
helbel84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridalovermcg
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi helbel84,

Having stayed at the doubletree at Seaworld 5 years in a row we decided to book somewhere different for a change plus our budget restricted us slightly. So Nov last year we looked at the Avanti, the price was appealing and as most people say it's just a base. On arriving our room didn't have the best view (which wasn't an issue as we would be out all day) and the main issue we had was the air con wasn't very cold. We went to reception and they moved us with no problem to an upgraded room overlooking the pool. The room was huge, we had a kitchen area, a seating area and the usual bedroom, vanity area and toilet. The bedding was clean, rooms always made up for us coming back in at night. Free parking. We used the pool a couple of times. I know other people's views and standards are different but we thought it was a good all round hotel. Location is definitely a plus!

I hope this helps.

Alana
Old 26 May 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Evert hotel has bad reviews, don’t worry unless the balance is really towards the bad.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I think it depends on your room. They’ve refurbished one block but the rest are old.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Do you mean Avanti on Idrive? If so, on tripadvisor it has 5.2k of excellent or good reviews out of 6.5k overall, which is by no means bad. I have found tripadvisor to be reliable over the years I have been using it and I would not be at all worried based on what I have just seen.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
helbel84
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you, feel bit better now! Have asked for a refurbed room so fingers crossed.
helbel84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We stayed there in June 2016. It's in a good location. Hotel is very clean, room was large, beds comfortable. Bar a little on the expensive side. Staff friendly.

My main gripes were, noisy air con, and pool lounger hogs (would have towels out all day not to be seen and always the loungers with the umbrellas).

I would stay there again.
Old 26 May 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridalovermcg
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi,

We didn't have a refurbed room, but again your not spending all your time in your room. The bed was comfy, we slept very well. The lobby smelt amazing I'd love to know what they used lol. We're going to a villa this time something we've never done, as I said previously we always went to the doubletree but if we were on a budget again and the Avanti came up I'd book again.

Enjoy,

Alana
Old 26 May 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve stayed at the Avanti every year for the last 3 years. We always ask for a ground floor pool room which they always give us. I’ll be honest I wouldn’t want a car park facing room. Honestly we really like it there. The pool area is lovely, nice lively atmosphere especially at night. The rooms are clean but a bit dark. Great location and any staff we have encountered have been really helpful. Unless it’s gone downhill massively since last August I wouldn’t worry!
Old 27 May 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Reneejbeatte
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We stayed last month, it’s nothing fancy but it was clean and basic. The bathroom could of done with an upgrade was a bit grotty. The pool area is lovely with a nice pool bar and a cafe that serves Starbucks. Also a Starbucks in reception area. The housekeeping was good the shuttle is a bit of a pain as you have to book the day before but an Uber to city walk was around $6. The location is great within walking distance of many restaurants 😊

2020 All Stars 🌟 🎵 Avanti Resort 2019, DLP 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2017, Art of Animation 2015, International Palms 2013, clarion LBV 2012, Regal Sun 2010, Newport Bay DLP 2009, All Star Movies 2008, Caribbean Beach 2006, Best Western Plaza 2005
Reneejbeatte is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List