Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
I just kept my eye on Skyscanner and it came up as an option with BA. We got August 10th - 31st flights for £345pp doing it this way. I’d just keep looking in skyscanner but I think there is an option where you can select length of journey - try making it longer and see if it gives you the overnight option?

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).
Planned Upcoming Visits: December 2023 (WDW)
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
You will be lucky to find anything that will fit in with what you would like to do from Liverpool. I would say if you are 30minutes from Manchester that is also your local airport so if it is a good price why drive down to Gatwick to pay more. I assume that the direct VS flight isn't available or expensive.

And as bernard301 points out if you don't take the Man-LHR flight your enitre trip is cancelled.
we want to avoid the hassle of changing airports in london with a 3 hour layover.if it was into the same airport it would be a lot easier.

the direct flight flight is £300 more each just from lgw-man, i cant even seem to find a direct form man with BA ? as they all go via london ...or from what i can see?

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_chief
Helping Minnie

I understand the concern about driving after flying if you take sedation, how about flying direct to Tampa, stay in a hotel near the airport that has a shuttle the. Coll’s t car in morning and drive to Orlando, only takes an hour or so. We save on average £200 pp flying into Tampa over orlando
miss_chief is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miss_chief View Post
I understand the concern about driving after flying if you take sedation, how about flying direct to Tampa, stay in a hotel near the airport that has a shuttle the. Coll’s t car in morning and drive to Orlando, only takes an hour or so. We save on average £200 pp flying into Tampa over orlando
Not always; our preferred airport is Tampa but it was coming up as far more expensive for our September trip than Orlando so we’re reluctantly flying into MCO.

Similarly, Tampa was also very expensive for our trip at Christmas but we found a great price for LHR-MIA-TPA so we’re doing that.

TPA is becoming a busier route although nowhere near as busy as MCO. However, it is becoming a more attractive airport for Europan travellers with the recent addition of more direct flights from Europe.

Edited at 02:56 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

thanks miss chief , ill try Tampa,

do you know of any tampa hotels wih shuttles ? cost of shuttles ?

thanks for ideas

DLP 2012
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_chief
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by tillymoon View Post
thanks miss chief , ill try Tampa,

do you know of any tampa hotels wih shuttles ? cost of shuttles ?

thanks for ideas
We’ve never stayed in a hotel near Tampa airport as we just drive straight up to Orlando. We have stayed in one when we’ve flown into Jacksonville though.
A lot of hotels near the airport will offer a free shuttle service. I’d look on a site such as booking.com to get an idea on price
miss_chief is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

thanks for replying guys

so frustrated ! an indirect man-lhw-lgw-mco i can get for £500 + seats etc

a direct lgw-mco is over £800 + seats etc

so £300 more expensive for a flight less

i would rather not do tampa on way out as hubby is not a great flyer , so after his diazipam /brandy mix on the flight he shouldnt drive!

we could return form tampa as well be at the coast for lat week of hols so would work well

we are about 20 mins from liverpool 30 mins from manchester,

i havent tried starting at LPL so will give this ago !

thanks again
The reason direct (one flight) is more expensive is it's more convenient. Indirect = more flights, more chances of things going wrong, more inconvenient thus cheaper.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

we want to avoid the hassle of changing airports in london with a 3 hour layover.if it was into the same airport it would be a lot easier.

the direct flight flight is £300 more each just from lgw-man, i cant even seem to find a direct form man with BA ? as they all go via london ...or from what i can see?

BA don't fly direct to Florida from Manchester or anywhere else in the US for that matter - everything that is BA mainline goes through Heathrow. Virgin and Tui fly from MAN to MCO.

Perhaps using the BA multi city choice may give you the option of choosing a flight to go down the day before and then the flight to MCO/TPA the next day.

Edited at 03:07 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LPCKG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

LPCKG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
What about Aer Lingus from Manchester or Liverpool via Dublin to Orlando. Indirect but you'll only have a layover rather than need to change airport (LHR to LGW). Failing that Virgin or Thomas Cook offer direct options.
Hilton Orlando & Portofino Bay Resort 2016 / Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress & Royal Pacific Resort 2010 / Orlando World Center Marriott Resort 2009 / Hard Rock Hotel 2006 / Portofino Bay Resort 2005 / Port Orleans Riverside 2004 / Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 2003 / Orange Lake Resort & Country Club 1992 / Vistana Resort 1988
LPCKG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by LPCKG View Post
What about Aer Lingus from Manchester or Liverpool via Dublin to Orlando. Indirect but you'll only have a layover rather than need to change airport (LHR to LGW). Failing that Virgin or Thomas Cook offer direct options.
yeah ive seen the aer lingus , ill have another proper look, i didnt realise they fly long haul?

...or im probably miss understanding the flight options !

thanks for help

DLP 2012