Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 May 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Radisson Blu vs all other airport hotels!

Hi! Radisson Blu at Manchester Airport seems to get some really good feedback from Dibbers. When it comes to hotels, DH and I are both of the opinion that it's just a place to rest our heads for the night, so is it even worth considering the extra outlay compared to say, Premier Inn?

I know that's a very "personal preference" kind of question but having never stayed at any of the Manchester airport hotels before I'd be interested to know people's opinions. In terms of requirements, I'm looking at two rooms, pre-flight, as travelling with DH, DS (will be 11), and my parents (who won't thank me to list their ages!).
Old 26 May 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Eviemaya
Getting to know the DIBB

Radisson Blu

I love the Radisson Blu being just a short walk away from terminal 2 is a great help being disabled the convenience is well worth the extra to me . The restaurant is really nice food is good children under 12 eat free so that was good ,we had 5 grandchildren so it was a big saving .We are staying there again in August staff are so helpful
Eviemaya is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We love the Radisson but I think they’ve lost the plot a bit with their pricing so we are looking for an alternative

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
We love the Radisson but I think they’ve lost the plot a bit with their pricing so we are looking for an alternative
Totally agree. Fine for a couple , but 6 of us travelling this year. They were wanting almost £600 for 2 rooms.
Thanks but no thanks, I won’t get there till around 8 pm and leave about 6 am. My needs are simple, a nice clean bed for the few hours sleep and Premier Inn sale netted us 2 rooms for £52 in the sale.
I’m a Yorkshire girl so not getting my money for nothing
silverfox46 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
My needs are simple, a nice clean bed for the few hours sleep and Premier Inn sale netted us 2 rooms for £52 in the sale.
I’m a Yorkshire girl so not getting my money for nothing
Wow! That's a great price. I'll keep an eye out for sale prices with PI. Thanks.
Old 26 May 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think they've lost the plot price wise too.. we've stayed in the Radisson many times and I've always recommended it,a few weeks ago when we were flying out of Manchester on the Monday but went down by train on the Friday we booked 2 nights in the Runger Lane North Premier Inn with meal deal and the night before our flight we had one night in the Radisson...we actually really enjoyed our Premier Inn nights,the food was good and the breakfast was way better than the Radisson to be honest,the Premier Inn staff were all lovely and friendly and a comfy bed.Coming home last Tuesday we stayed in The Radisson again in an executive room as we always get early check in that way but I doubt I'll do it that way again..for December I'm definitely booking the Premier Inn...£8 by taxi to the airport and evening meal and breakfast included for a fraction of the Radisson price.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

It was good but now completely overpriced and no longer offers breakfast
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

completely agree with everyone else. I love it and always get the executive lounge option but I've just priced it for 1 night before our next trip and it's £360 for one night with the lounge. that's just the wrong side of insane
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
completely agree with everyone else. I love it and always get the executive lounge option but I've just priced it for 1 night before our next trip and it's £360 for one night with the lounge. that's just the wrong side of insane
We did last time we flew from Manchester but soph needs her own room now and the price for 2 rooms is crazy!

I’m going to look at ringer lane where scotsmomma stayed

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by KeithOP View Post
We went in the lounge on Tuesday afternoon..lol they didn't even have any chocolate truffles to go with my coffee,they had olives! Of course they've stopped the beer too before 5pm. Fair enough the snacks were quite nice when they brought them out at 5pm but not nice enough to charge what they now charge for a room.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List