Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Mar 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
We were also economy light in January and did the same! 👍🏻
I honestly don't understand this as it is £35 to book bubble when you are Classic. Looks like Virgin owes us some money as we paid it 3 times last year.
Wish me luck.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
Yes if anyone did this to my child I would step in.
If it was my younger son I would have, but this was my 24 year old and I don’t think he would have been thrilled to have me interfere. It was a shame as DS has not been on holiday with us since he was 16, so this was a real family treat for us all to be together, but at least he was still in front of us. To be honest I had mixed feelings about it 1. I was annoyed because I’d paid for that seat. 2. I was quite proud of DS as the man was travelling alone and had a walking stick, so I thought he was being kind (although I’m sure the man was just being sneaky)

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

On our connecting flight out we overheard some say that they had booked every one as aisle and window seats and they where a party of 8 thinking the middle seat would be left free. I was chuckling to myself as I knew the flight was full. Lo and behold they get on the MCO flight and they had someone sitting in the middle seats.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Interesting thread. Our children are 27 and 25 so don't travel with us very often now but when they did we almost always booked two and two, window and middle. We all liked window seats so all got to have one either going out or back. We always sat the children in front (once they were teenagers and responsible enough to sit next to a stranger) so they could recline their seats without upsetting anyone. Unlike some siblings I know, our son and daughter are very close and always behaved themselves when sat together - as adults they've been on holiday together several times, it's lovely to see how they look after each other.

Now that our son has a long-term girlfriend our daughter now flies alone quite a lot, and always chooses an aisle seat (despite loving the window) because she hates having to ask a stranger to move when we or her brother aren't there for moral support.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List