Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 6 Jan 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
BooToYou2017
Staying in the Castle

Changing Name in the UK post Wedding

Hi All

I am having some issues changing my name with DVLA, Bank and Passport Office, they all require a Original Document and I only have a certified copy. Apparently according to Florida Law the court house are required to keep the original for retention purposes and only offer certified copies?

Has anyone had any experience of this and is able to offer advice on what they did?

Many thanks

Jessica Fletcher
BooToYou2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Oh no, sorry you're having issues. I also got married in Florida and the certified copy was enough for me changing my name when I got back to the UK.

I did send a photocopy of the certified copy to the Passport Office and they requested the original. I sent the original (which is still just a certified copy) and they accepted that.

I'm not sure what to suggest. Have you called and spoken to them? That may be the best way if you haven't already.
Old 6 Jan 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Laura_<3 View Post
Oh no, sorry you're having issues. I also got married in Florida and the certified copy was enough for me changing my name when I got back to the UK.

I did send a photocopy of the certified copy to the Passport Office and they requested the original. I sent the original (which is still just a certified copy) and they accepted that.

I'm not sure what to suggest. Have you called and spoken to them? That may be the best way if you haven't already.
Pretty much as Laura has stated we just used the certified copy for everything since we got married in Orlando in 2017. I order a load of extra copies and still have them sitting about
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Same as everyone else. My bank, DVLA & passport office had no issue with this.

Have they actually rejected the form? Has it been sent off?