Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Feb 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Here we go Again! Charlotte's 2nd WDW trip Jan 2019 - Day 9 - Springs, Florida Mall & HS

Index is here

Day 9

Friday 1st Feb 2019

You can tell we're getting into the second part of the trip now, with another leisurely start planned in this morning!

As one of Martin's Christmas presents, I got him a ticket for the Star Wars VR experience at The Void at Disney Springs. It was booked for 11am today! He was really looking forward to it.

Once we were ready we headed down and parked in the Orange Garage. Disney Springs was lovely and quiet, it's my favourite time to be there. We walked right down to The Void and he checked in, he had to complete waivers etc so we waited outside while he got sorted.

Once he was done and going in for the experience, I let Charlotte out of the buggy so she could have a little walk around and gave my mum a dad a quick video call.
The Christmas shop was up next. I really shouldn't be allowed in there unsupervised, did quite a bit of damage to the credit card! In my defence they had some really nice things that I hadn't seen before. And some were gifts.

I got those sent back to Beach Club, then we headed over to Co Op Marketplace for a little mooch. As Martin turned up to meet us, Charlotte managed to walk into a chair near the Dooneys at the back of the store and started crying her eyes out. She was being a bit dramatic really, she didn't bang her head hard, and a CM giving her a load of stickers magically cured her ills!

Obviously we were hungry now, so went over to Blaze pizza!

We love Blaze and we're excited to be back. We sat out on the lovely patio again.

Charlotte helped Martin add some chilli flakes to his pizza.

We spotted this lady in a Galaxy's Edge t shirt (obviously it was all still being built at this time) Martin reckoned she wasn't really a cast member and was just wearing it for attention

I'm case it's hard to read, it says Galaxy's Edge Rode Team

He filled me in about the Star Wars VR experience he'd done. It was him and another guy. He said it was really good fun, very clever and the sensation was so realistic, for example it got really hot when there was fire etc.

She loves a strawberry

Next stop was the Florida Mall, but on the way back the car we popped into Disney Style as I wanted to pick up a spirit jersey a friend had asked me to get them. They had some really nice stuff in here, I was tempted by a couple of tops but the material wasn't nice on them which was a bit of a shame.

We had a quick look in the Star Wars store, Martin and Charlotte had a look at build your own lightsaber section. Again it was a hard NO from me on that front, so we went back to the car! Off to the mall!

We visited all our usual haunts at the Mall, Think Geek, Bath and Body Works, JC Penney, Sephora, Abercrombie, Hot Topic, Dicks (haha). Charlotte loved playing in the play area near Crayola and we got some nice new crayons from the store.

The park agenda for this evening was Hollywood Studios. Specifically I wanted to do the Disney Jr dance party with Charlotte, so we headed straight there once we arrived at the park.

Remember where we parked!

As I expected, she absolutely loved it and danced the whole time. It was an assault on the senses, but so cute an absolute must do if you have little ones who love the Disney Jr characters.

Met Vamparina again

We had a Midway Mania FP up next, so it was Toy Story land time next. As always, we had so much fun on this ride. Charlotte sat on Martin's lap this time and had a good go at playing for a while. I won (standard).

Loved this

We needed some food now as we were all pretty peckish. We walked around to Backlot Cafe but it was closed, which I didn't understand, as this was still a good hour before park close. The CM told me it was because it takes longer to close down the restaurant so they close early for the CMs to get home. Seemed a bit odd to me, but OK. I had a look on the app and Rose's All American cafe was open, so we mobile ordered and headed over there. Martin and Charlotte sat down while I got the food. It wasn't the best, pretty lukewarm but filled a hole I guess.

We decided to get some ice creams now and sit and wait for the Star Wars fireworks.

Calm before the storm

And here's where my notes end and it all went wrong! Charlotte (who you may notice hasn't napped today) had an absolute mega tantrum just before the fireworks started. I had to leave Martin to watch them, and push her off to the side by the shops so she wasn't disturbing anyone else. It was like she was possessed, she was screaming for her Nana (my mum) and actually lashed out and hit me at one point. I was just stunned, she has never acted like that (before or since). In the end I just strapped her into her buggy, put the hood over and ignored her until she calmed down. Awful.

The last picture I have is this one

Which reminds me that we met Beth from Fairytale Personal Shopper in the lobby when we got back to Beach Club, as she had forgotten to put one of these mickey sippers in our bag when she delivered on arrival day. One was ours, one for my brother and one for the Hardings. Of course Charlotte was all sweetness and light again by now, and Beth refused to believe me when I told her about her recent demonic behaviour!

So,a lovely day aside from that 10 minutes at Hollywood Studios! The joy of toddlers.

Tomorrow - Outlets, Stormalong Bay, Springs and dinner at Homecomin'

Edited at 03:01 PM.
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Great shopping day! I love Disney springs in the morning when it’s quiet. You can hear the music and easily shop!

Having a toddler I can totally sympathise with your situation in the evening! Glad she got it out of her system at least. Was she still Napping at home by the time of the hol? Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Great shopping day! I love Disney springs in the morning when it’s quiet. You can hear the music and easily shop!

Having a toddler I can totally sympathise with your situation in the evening! Glad she got it out of her system at least. Was she still Napping at home by the time of the hol? Xx
Yes, it's so peaceful and lovely!

I think at that time she was on the cusp of dropping naps, so some days she would have one, other days not. Was just one of those things, but looking back we should have probably have tried to encourage her. I thought a later start would be be sufficient, but obviously not! Hindsight is a wonderful thing thought hey? xx
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
Yes, it's so peaceful and lovely!

I think at that time she was on the cusp of dropping naps, so some days she would have one, other days not. Was just one of those things, but looking back we should have probably have tried to encourage her. I thought a later start would be be sufficient, but obviously not! Hindsight is a wonderful thing thought hey? xx
Isn’t it just! I think we are starting to enter the world of drastically reduced or no naps for Charlie and I miss them 😭

Are you all ready for your upcoming trip? X
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Ah that’s toddlers for you , just as you think you’d got the parent thing sussed they throw you a curve ball
I’m really fussy about fabric too , both at home and on holiday my husband will say “you’d look nice in that” I’ll agree , then feel the fabric and it’s an instant no .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Isn’t it just! I think we are starting to enter the world of drastically reduced or no naps for Charlie and I miss them 😭

Are you all ready for your upcoming trip? X
Ugh yeah, it's a harder transition for the parents I think! I would say the good thing about no naps is it means your day is more flexible, but with Miss Penny you don't even really have that benefit!
Er, yes kind of! Much less planning for the next one as we only have QS dining, so it's nice to have a bit more flexibility with what we do. Xx
Old 13 Feb 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Ah that’s toddlers for you , just as you think you’d got the parent thing sussed they throw you a curve ball
I’m really fussy about fabric too , both at home and on holiday my husband will say “you’d look nice in that” I’ll agree , then feel the fabric and it’s an instant no .
Haha, so true!

Oh good, glad it's not just me! The Great Movie Ride one in particular was so thin, and those Disney shirts aren't cheap!

Thanks for reading and commenting x
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Wow you packed so much into this day!

Ah toddler meltdowns... I feel your pain on this one! It sounds like you handled it very well though! Its so hard to know what do to in these situations!

Loving all the Christmas merch!
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Wow you packed so much into this day!

Ah toddler meltdowns... I feel your pain on this one! It sounds like you handled it very well though! Its so hard to know what do to in these situations!

Loving all the Christmas merch!
Yeah, we had more meltdowns on this trip than we've had in the last year probably! Typically she doesn't get to that point, which throws me even more when she does!

Love a bit of Christmas Disney, any the of year! xxx