Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 20, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

We used a double.

Easier to handle one buggy if one parent goes to the loo or for snacks or on a ride. Two buggies and two or three children on Disney transport would have a nightmare.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I completely see how a single would be so much easier in shops and crowds...

But I’m still leaning towards the double - simply so there are a ‘spare’ pair of hands & they’ll be singles in the villa if we change our mind.

There seems to be a lot of posts/pics online with double baby joggers so I assume we won’t be the only one pushing it through the heavy crowds 🤣
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithy78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

When mine were younger we booked a double through Orlando stroller rentals and never had a problem manoeuvrning it through the crowds etc or getting it on/off the buses.
Having a spare pair of hands meant if we had a sleeping child and had to negotiate the bus one could sort the stroller while the other held the child.
Smithy78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d definitely go for a double. It means that it’s easy for one person to go off by themselves to shop or a ride. If you have two singles, you’d always have a buggy each. The park is full of them so don’t worry about the size.
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We have always used a double. I really can't see the appeal of pushing two empty buggies whilst trying to wrangle two small children. Even just one full, one empty and a walking 4 year old.

I have done 5 trips with a double buggy and can't say that I've ever thought it would be useful to have two singles. I do agree that the width is a pain, but less so than at home. We compromised with the folding thing by walking from the car to the park rather than getting the tram.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
We have always used a double. I really can't see the appeal of pushing two empty buggies whilst trying to wrangle two small children. Even just one full, one empty and a walking 4 year old.

I have done 5 trips with a double buggy and can't say that I've ever thought it would be useful to have two singles. I do agree that the width is a pain, but less so than at home. We compromised with the folding thing by walking from the car to the park rather than getting the tram.
I agree with all you've said.

We have twin...I would never have thought 2 singles was advantageous. We always walked from the car to the parks... the only park it feels like a bit of a trek is Magic Kingdom but still easy enough to do. Ours was a baby jogger city mini which is super easy to manoeuvre anyway and as others have also said it means if one parent wants to go to the loo or on a solo ride then it's easier for the one left behind!
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by supermumof3 View Post
I agree with all you've said.

We have twin...I would never have thought 2 singles was advantageous. We always walked from the car to the parks... the only park it feels like a bit of a trek is Magic Kingdom but still easy enough to do. Ours was a baby jogger city mini which is super easy to manoeuvre anyway and as others have also said it means if one parent wants to go to the loo or on a solo ride then it's easier for the one left behind!
Don't forget that Disney now have a maximum size for strollers now.
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
supermumof3
Serious Dibber

Disney introduced that the last year we needed to take the double & the baby jogger city mini still fits within their size limit
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The size limit isn’t really a problem for a normal double buggy. It’s those big wagons that it’s targeting.
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lossieglen
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Took two singles for years when our twins were little. It just felt right that way.
lossieglen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List