Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Feb 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Day 12 Animal Kingdom and Applebees

Time to check out of the Boardwalk after an early morning wake up from a gaggle of women on the balcony next door.

We filled our refillable mugs and had a drink before walking to the car to head over to Animal Kingdom.

Another hot hot hot day but it wasn’t so humid after the storm.

A slow wander round the park doing our favourite rides.

The animals were out on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Paul went on one of his favourite rides whereas me and Beth were far too cool and sat and had a drink

We were all a bit hungry so headed over to Pizzafari and had some bits and pieces to share and some iced water. What mad me really sad was a cm who looked about 80 who was struggling round clearing tables and chatting to people. I don’t know his personal circumstances but I hoped that he wasn’t unable to give up work for financial reasons and choose to work there as he enjoyed it.

A wander over to Epxedition Everest next where we rode a few times- love this ride and hardly any wait although we must have used a fastpass at some point.

A quick pit stop for an ice cream for me and Beth and we sat in the shade whilst Paul went and watched the monkeys for a bit. We ate our ice creams then caught him up and went on Kali River Rapids - the water wasn’t cold enough to cool us down though.

We had a fastpass for Flight of Passage so went over to Pandora and rode that then on the Na,vi River journey which is a bit boring but was a nice sit down in the air con!

After doing all we wanted to do we drove back to the villa. We had originally planned to go to Longhorn Steakhouse but liked Applebee’s so much we decided to walk there after getting ready. It meant that Paul could have a beer too.

A short walk from our villa and were sat in Applebee’s. We could see our server fro last time it ended up with someone else who was good but she was trying a bit too hard

Paul was up for a mega beer as it was on the bogof list so the same price as a normal beer. I had the same - bud lite.

I had the brisket tacos which were lovely.

Paul has a burger and Beth had ribs.

Too full for pudding so a slow walk back the the villa - loving the fact that we can walk.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
hardly
Excited about Disney

I’ve had good n bad in Applebee’s.
hardly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a perfect day, Animal Kingdom is my favourite park. Dinner looks good too, not sure if I'd be able to walk home after that beer 😂
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like a great day. After multiple visits to Florida we finally went to Applebys on our last trip. Eldest son loved it as there was some kind of games system at the table. I was slightly disappointed in my meal but I suspect the kids will want to go again next trip so I hope to change my opinion!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kinski
Earning My Ears

Which Applebee's did you go to? I think there are a couple in Kissimee.
kinski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List