Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Feb 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Florida 2018 - Promises made and promises delivered - Day 6 Typhoon Lagoon and MK

The plan today was to spend as much time as Typhoon Lagoon as we could. As can be seen from the photo below the day started out beautifully and we kept our fingers crossed it would stay like that. But this was summer and this was Florida so the chances of that were slight to non-existent.

Here is a photo taken of our villa in Indian Wells and our rental car just as we were about to leave to go to Typhoon Lagoon. I can't think why Niff isn't in the photo - maybe he was tidying his room (Ha Ha!).

Out of the two water parks I much prefer TL. Maybe it’s because I’m not confident in the water – I can’t say. We expected Niff to enjoy this – which he did…up to a point. I would go into the wave pool but not as far as Niff and Caj. But I love the colour of the water…or should that be chlorine?

Although I'm not that good in the water it doesn't mean I don't want Caj and Niff to have a good time and if you look closley at the first picture below you may be able to make them out.

No way would you get me in the wave pool when it's doing this!

Onto something more sedate and more my style. I love the lazy reiver and could happily go around and around and around...

Niff and Caj had a go on a couple of slides..

I was really impressed with the pictures the PhotoPass cast members took of Niff and Caj...

But a look to the skies showed an obvious problem- s storm was coming in. Niff was not happy that his ideal day was being wrecked by the weather and he couldn’t understand why we were told to leave the park.

I find it worrying that a teenager that loves science so much doesn’t understand that lightening and water are not a good combination!

So we decided to head over to MK where we had a dinner reservation fog Be Our Guest later that day. As can be seen we took the ferry over from TTC to MK

Here is Caj modelling one of the draw string bags we had made up by Etsy especially for our trip.

We got a glimps of the Magic Kingdom Rail Road. When we went back in 2019 it was parked up in the MK station whilst the TRON construction was going on.

We took a ride on the people mover - so it may not be the best thrill ride ever but it's a good way of chilling out for a few minutes.

Wwe then stopped so Caj could have her photo taken on Main Street - so here is the same shot from two different perspectives

He we all are modelling our bag collection

Then onto Be Our Guest for dinner. I liked this but some of the food wasn't really to Niff's liking.

Then it was fireworks time. This was the first time either Caj or I had seen Happily Ever After and we were impressed to say the least.

She does get carried away in the moment..we were oblivious to Niff taking these photos...he did a really good job.

I omitted earlier to mention we went back to the villa for what I believe is called a "nana nap"...and I was caught red handed

So another day draws to a close...another set of amazing memories but we were all aware that the next day was going to be Caj's last full day

See you tomorrow!

Edited at 09:53 PM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
The plan today was to spend as much time as Typhoon Lagoon as we could. As can be seen from the photo below the day started out beautifully and we kept our fingers crossed it would stay like that. But this was summer and this was Florida so the chances of that were slight to non-existent.

Here is a photo taken of our villa in Indian Wells and our rental car just as we were about to leave to go to Typhoon Lagoon. I can't think why Niff isn't in the photo - maybe he was tidying his room (Ha Ha!).

Out of the two water parks I much prefer TL. Maybe it’s because I’m not confident in the water – I can’t say. We expected Niff to enjoy this – which he did…up to a point. I would go into the wave pool but not as far as Niff and Caj. But I love the colour of the water…or should that be chlorine?

Although I'm not that good in the water it doesn't mean I don't want Caj and Niff to have a good time and if you look closley at the first picture below you may be able to make them out.

No way would you get me in the wave pool when it's doing this!

Onto something more sedate and more my style. I love the lazy reiver and could happily go around and around and around...

Niff and Caj had a go on a couple of slides..

I was really impressed with the pictures the PhotoPass cast members took of Niff and Caj...

But a look to the skies showed an obvious problem- s storm was coming in. Niff was not happy that his ideal day was being wrecked by the weather and he couldn’t understand why we were told to leave the park.

I find it worrying that a teenager that loves science so much doesn’t understand that lightening and water are not a good combination!

So we decided to head over to MK where we had a dinner reservation fog Be Our Guest later that day. As can be seen we took the ferry over from TTC to MK

Here is Caj modelling one of the draw string bags we had made up by Etsy especially for our trip.

We got a glimps of the Magic Kingdom Rail Road. When we went back in 2019 it was parked up in the MK station whilst the TRON construction was going on.

We took a ride on the people mover - so it may not be the best thrill ride ever but it's a good way of chilling out for a few minutes.

Wwe then stopped so Caj could have her photo taken on Main Street - so here is the same shot from two different perspectives

He we all are modelling our bag collection

Then onto Be Our Guest for dinner. I liked this but some of the food wasn't really to Niff's liking.

Then it was fireworks time. This was the first time either Caj or I had seen Happily Ever After and we were impressed to say the least.

She does get carried away in the moment..we were oblivious to Niff taking these photos...he did a really good job.

I omitted earlier to mention we went back to the villa for what I believe is called a "nana nap"...and I was caught red handed

So another day draws to a close...another set of amazing memories but we were all aware that the next day was going to be Caj's last full day

See you tomorrow!
So tomorrow will be a sedate, quiet report?

We did do space mountain too!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by caj View Post
So tomorrow will be a sedate, quiet report?

We did do space mountain too!
From memory "tomorrow" is epcot for cake and the HS (With some rain thrown in!)
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Fantastic photos today, super memories made 😊
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Fantastic photos today, super memories made 😊
Thank you- it was an incredible holiday for many reasons...but definitely of two halves as Caj was only with us for week one.

Thank you again.