Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Feb 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dom and Sarah
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Virgin V-Room

Hey all, has anyone used the Virgin V-Room at Gatwick North, and is it worth paying for the upgrade?
Dom and Sarah is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

We used it last summer, we got it included booking in the sale. We really liked it, nice to have somewhere to chill, I think I'd pay for it if we booked with virgin again. The upgrade is just alcohol, so I guess it depends on when your flight is.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We used it last weekend (16 Feb) and thought it was worth it. A nice area to relax in before your flight. Not sure the alcohol upgrade is worth it though.
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Used it once and would pay to again.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scenicafc
Getting Excited

We had it last time in 2017 as a complimentary extra due to VA messing up our original price quoted. We ended up having a 3 hour delay so it definitely made a difference. If you are flying on the earlier flight 10am I probably wouldn't bother, but if you are on the afternoon flight I would say yes. Its great for the kids, lots for them to do but more importantly you are away from all the shops so you are not tempted to buy stuff and the kids don't want you to spend on them. Also we found with the long delay you were constantly kept up to date with what was going on as the VA staff were on hand all the time. Whereas in the normal airport areas all you have are the screens which tells you your plane is delayed. !

2007 - Davenport Lakes - 2 x 40th Birthdays
2013 - Lindfields - For the fun of it!
2017 - Indian Creek - 2 x 50th Birthdays,1 x 18th & 21st Wed Anniv.!
2022 - Indian Creek 25th Wedding Anniversary & 1 x 18th - RESCHEDULED
scenicafc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

We used it last Oct for the first time & Id definitely pay for it again. Lovely food & drinks, great kids area & overall a really relaxing way to start the holiday 😊

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

For us, a couple with no kids, there are better lounges, but if it was thrown in, we'd do it again. And the alcoholic service was very good - for us, worth the upgrade cost.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I booked last September and enjoyed it. Cost wise I got it for the same price I could get other lounges so didn't mind. Food was tasty and drinks were good. Would pay again
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Have used it twice now, for both the 1pm flight and also the 10 am flight.
For the later flight, we found it a little busy when we got in there but soon quietened down. Also as we are just adults, we were able to sit in the section round the corner that is adult only. It had day beds to relax on which were lovely.
The Earlier flight the experience was actually nicer. Meant we were among the first in there and had lots more selection on the food.
All in all, would pay for this.
Not sure if already mentioned but you also get access to premium security when you have a VRoom booking.
Old 26 Feb 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

In the past we had the V Room included in our Virgin holiday package and we really enjoyed using the room especially when our flight was delayed - we were the last Virgin flight out that day and there were only a handful of people in the room but it was kept open until we were ready to board. I find that airports can be stressful and noisy but the V Room takes any stresses away. It’s nice to find seating for the whole family, have toilets nearby and grab a cup of tea without queuing for 10 mins.
This year we’re not using Virgin holidays so won’t use the VRoom but we have an early flight out so it’s not such a problem. I’m not sure I would pay for it out of pocket though for a family of four.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List