Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Feb 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I will just book the three fastpasses for our HS days at the 60 day mark and then attempt to obtain a boarding group as soon as I can after park opening. Should be able to work around without too much trouble.
Old 25 Feb 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

You can book fastpasses at any park. Just get to DHS for park opening, grab a boarding group and then go off to other parks. When we got ours we then went on the skyliner to Riveria then to the race Expo at ESPN area as our DDs where getting their race bids for the Disney 10K before being called to board. We also had fastpass for MK that we booked at the 60 day mark.
So basically just book your fastpasses as normal anywhere and do Rise when called. You do nor need to stay in DHS until you are called, make sure you are near wifi or have data.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by eowyn78 View Post
I have looked at the ride on You Tube. It's quite a show. What time should one go to Hollywood Studios? On You tube people seem to be getting there for 6:30. But I don't think they open the app until 8:00am to book an RoR slot.
I think that might have been for a 7am opening. It’s now open at 8am so you should be in the park for 7.30am. This gives you time to get settled, stress, sort your data or wifi out (depending on which you’re going with) and be ready. It can take a few minutes for the turnstiles to register you’re all in the park and it can be a mad scramble if you leave it too close to actual park opening. We missed it one day because we were delayed in traffic, then security were on a go slow. Definitely aim to be in the park half hour before opening - yes you have the same chance as everyone else in the park but you need that half an hour!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

We were in HS on the 21st Feb.

In the park in plenty of time - honestly we were there too early but with traffic, parking, security, old magic bands and a new will call ticket I wasn't leaving things to chance.
App allows booking at 8am, however the "Join Boarding Group" button was still greyed out for me until 08:00.30ish. That 30 seconds resulted in Boarding Group 106! Considering they only guarantee 61 per day, that is not the result you want. The mood was a bit somber in our party for a bit.

However, for whatever reason (maybe the cold damp weather) they were charging through through boarding groups, I was keeping an eye on which groups were boarding via the app and they had got to 86 IIRC by lunch and we were called for our group at 15:30.

PHEW!
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilly3580
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi, I'm just after a bit of advice. Is ROR not a pre bookable fast pass? From what I've just read you turn up early to book onto the boarding group? We've also got an autistic adult who had the DAS last time we visited DW, I don't suppose anyone knows how the DAS works with ROR.

Many thanks
Lilly3580 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lilly3580 View Post
Hi, I'm just after a bit of advice. Is ROR not a pre bookable fast pass? From what I've just read you turn up early to book onto the boarding group? We've also got an autistic adult who had the DAS last time we visited DW, I don't suppose anyone knows how the DAS works with ROR.

Many thanks
No it is not pre-bookable, the only way is to turn up and get a boarding group at park opening.
That said, the question of what happens for people with DAS passes (especially due to autism) has regularly come up. I don’t know the answer, but I do remember standing there on our third attempt thinking to myself “anyone with Autism would not be able to cope with this!” It’s probably worth giving Disney a call to see what happens for people with Autism. If nothing else it might make them review the system. Good luck
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilly3580
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
No it is not pre-bookable, the only way is to turn up and get a boarding group at park opening.
That said, the question of what happens for people with DAS passes (especially due to autism) has regularly come up. I don’t know the answer, but I do remember standing there on our third attempt thinking to myself “anyone with Autism would not be able to cope with this!” It’s probably worth giving Disney a call to see what happens for people with Autism. If nothing else it might make them review the system. Good luck
Thank you for taking the time to answer, you've provided me with some clarity. I'll give Disney a call and search the special needs forum to see if anyone has any experience of ROR 😊
Lilly3580 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lilly3580 View Post
Thank you for taking the time to answer, you've provided me with some clarity. I'll give Disney a call and search the special needs forum to see if anyone has any experience of ROR 😊
I do hope they have something in place - it would be too stressful for people with Autism to manage I would say. Please feedback
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
abbymeg
Excited about Disney

We go at the end of May.

Regarding Autism, I've just spoken with DAS. There isn't much they can do. It might be one member of the group can go in at opening and do the app lottery to try and get a boarding pass, but they said it was at the discretion of guest services whether they would add the others if not present and cannot be guaranteed. From what Dibbers have said on the boards, this might limit chances too as it would be better for all of us to be there with phones trying the app.

The other thing we will struggle with is the unpredictability of the wait. We have to do the parks in bursts rather than long days for DD.
If we are successful, it could be late in the day. DD wouldn't tolerate 12 hours in a park waiting to board. This is without even taking into account that she will find the crowd at opening hard to deal with. We've been 4 times, including in August, so do have coping mechanisms for crowded times, but this one sounds like it's not going to be manageable for us.

I think I'm going to have to send DH and DS in alone and accept that DD and I won't be riding... at least for a couple of years until the Guardians ride opens and all the crowds head to Epcot instead .

The whole thing is a massive pain and not cognitive disability friendly at all.
POFQ August 2018
abbymeg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 03:43 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by abbymeg View Post
We go at the end of May.

Regarding Autism, I've just spoken with DAS. There isn't much they can do. It might be one member of the group can go in at opening and do the app lottery to try and get a boarding pass, but they said it was at the discretion of guest services whether they would add the others if not present and cannot be guaranteed. From what Dibbers have said on the boards, this might limit chances too as it would be better for all of us to be there with phones trying the app.

The other thing we will struggle with is the unpredictability of the wait. We have to do the parks in bursts rather than long days for DD.
If we are successful, it could be late in the day. DD wouldn't tolerate 12 hours in a park waiting to board. This is without even taking into account that she will find the crowd at opening hard to deal with. We've been 4 times, including in August, so do have coping mechanisms for crowded times, but this one sounds like it's not going to be manageable for us.

I think I'm going to have to send DH and DS in alone and accept that DD and I won't be riding... at least for a couple of years until the Guardians ride opens and all the crowds head to Epcot instead .

The whole thing is a massive pain and not cognitive disability friendly at all.
Remember that once you have a boarding group you do not have to stay in the park. You can go anywhere. You will have up to 2 hours to get to the ride once your boarding group has been called.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List