Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Norwegian air - opinions please

Hi all,

After some of your opinions please...

Looking at some flights and there is only a slight difference in price between virgin and Norwegian and Norwegian has slightly better flight times as well. I’ve only ever flown with virgin before so after some opinions and experiences on Norwegian please 😀
Thanks in advance
Helen

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Helen & LittleD View Post
Hi all,

After some of your opinions please...

Looking at some flights and there is only a slight difference in price between virgin and Norwegian and Norwegian has slightly better flight times as well. I’ve only ever flown with virgin before so after some opinions and experiences on Norwegian please 😀
Thanks in advance
Helen
We had our best ever flights on Norwegian a few years ago. I don’t know how they are doing at the moment, but a couple of years ago we got scared off from booking with them again as lots of their flights seemed to be delayed or cancelled & I began to worry that they might be in trouble.

Although I haven’t heard much lately about them (although to be fair I haven’t really been seeking any info out either!) -but as I say, they were great to fly with, so I do hope they hang around and I’d certainly like to use them again. 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If it was a straight choice I’d choose Norwegian for the vastly nicer plane.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew Norwegian last year.. couldn’t fault them at all. Plus, you’ll be in a 787 which will only be a few years old at most.

Would have flown with them again this year.. but they came in too expensive over BA for us.

I’d say.. go for it. Their financial situation seems to be in a much better place at the moment than previous years!

Edited at 12:45 AM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have flown several Atlantic flights with Virgin Atl and just one with Norwegian, LHR-Boston the MIA-LHR.

For me it would be Norwegian if the prices and flight times were identical. I much prefer a B787 to anything else (not yet flown Airbus A350 yet). The service they gave was impeccable.

It must also be born in mind what things you expect or use that a carrier offers..
1. We only at the most, drink one alcoholic drink on a flight as we are light drinkers and in any case will be picking up a car on landing.
2. We prefer almost anything to an in flight meal, including a WH Smith meal deal, so are keen to opt out on food.
3. We want to select exit row seats and these are only £25 on Norwegian in our experience.
4. I don’t watch many films, so there is plenty that I will watch, whether Norwegian or Virgin. You can only watch 8 hrs or so of entertainment on a flight at most.
5. We don’t go over 12kg pp on luggage and generally in the past have gone hand luggage only in any case. Either hold luggage offering is thus ridiculously generous in our case.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:33 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have always flown Virgin to Florida but recently flew Norwegian to New York and it was fine. A few differece I noticed: Luggage allowance was slightly less, no extra drinks service or snacks unless you paid (we had tickets that included the main meal and second smaller offering but I slept through the main meal service both ways!). No headphones unless you brought them. Older and more limited film selection. All of these things were understandable for a more economy airline and I had no complaints. I did miss the little touches and level of service on Virgin but would fly Norwegian again without a second thought, that said, if the prices were similar I would pick Virgin 🙂
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Thanks everyone that’s some really useful insights there 😀

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
thisismickey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi,
Tried to fly twice with NA but both times flight got cancelled or rescheduled. First time was Irma so not their fault 2nd time they changed airport which messed our travel plans up so we cancelled.
thisismickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

DD flew to New York with them last year on a school trip, she had no complaints if fact she said the best bit was free Wifi on the flight
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

I forget which plane we flew in with Virgin in 2018 but I did find the seats in Economy on Norwegian a bit cramped, noticably more so than Virgin Economy or Thomas Cook Airlines to Mexico.

I'm 6ft1 and have quite broad shoulders though.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List