Old 6 Nov 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you book it you will go. Sept 2019. Final thoughts

So another holiday over and next year to look forward to. Here are some final thoughts.

Coronado Springs

This was a lovely resort. The room was great and the whole area was just beautiful. I loved not having a bath and just having a shower!
The downside of the resort is the size. Casitas is a huge area. We were in 2 thinking it would be close, especially as it's preferred, but it felt so far away. Next year I think I'll request Cabanas as it looks smaller and we're in a standard.
We're happy to stay here again but I'm going to keep an eye out for POFQ as we've never stayed there before.

Disney Buses

I didn't love these. Waiting around for buses was a pain and the seats are uncomfortable - if you can get one that is. I also would hate to be using buses at CSR if staying in Ranchos or Cabanas as they often filled up at Casitas.

Opting out of housekeeping

This has it's pros and cons. We liked the gift card obviously and not having to worry about dodging housekeeping if you come back in the afternoon for a rest. It was a pain having to call down every few days though and silly things like bagging up your own rubbish makes you feel less like you're in a hotel. Overall I think I'd prefer to have it and come back to a clean room and the beds made.

Galaxy's Edge

I'm not sure what to say about this. The theming is awesome and it's so detailed. Seeing the Millenium Falcon was just amazing. Smuggler's Run was just ok though. Hopefully Rise of the Resistance will be much better.
My other disappointment is that it's set after The Last Jedi and not earlier in the saga during "my" movies. I'd rather have seen Han Solo and Luke Skywalker wandering about that Kylo Ren and Rey. It would have felt more Star Wars to me.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Interesting round up. I was in two minds about the housekeeping we've never opted out and given what you say I think maybe I would prefer not to have to bag up my own rubbish too. I guess that's part of why we stay in a hotel and not in a villa, I don't want to do chores or cook or anything while away so the saving maybe isn't worth it in the end.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Interesting round up. I was in two minds about the housekeeping we've never opted out and given what you say I think maybe I would prefer not to have to bag up my own rubbish too. I guess that's part of why we stay in a hotel and not in a villa, I don't want to do chores or cook or anything while away so the saving maybe isn't worth it in the end.
To be honest, if it hadn’t been for the droid we wouldn’t have done it. Having the extra gift card made us feel less guilty about spending $100 each on something that sits in the corner of the living room .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Totally agree about galaxy’s edge. I didn’t ride but DH and dd’s didn’t really rate it and said that FOP and hagrids at universal are much better by miles.

We decided not to opt out of housekeeping too, and I’m so glad we didn’t as I’d of been peeved having to clean up or make beds whilst on holiday. I’d of soon got fed up of wiping out the bath and ordering clean towels ect...

Hopefully you will get to try POFQ next time as the resort is lovely and everything is so close together. The pool had a nice holiday vibe too, compared to OKW, where we’ve stayed in the past which always seems a bit quiet even at the main pool.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Totally agree about galaxy’s edge. I didn’t ride but DH and dd’s didn’t really rate it and said that FOP and hagrids at universal are much better by miles.

We decided not to opt out of housekeeping too, and I’m so glad we didn’t as I’d of been peeved having to clean up or make beds whilst on holiday. I’d of soon got fed up of wiping out the bath and ordering clean towels ect...

Hopefully you will get to try POFQ next time as the resort is lovely and everything is so close together. The pool had a nice holiday vibe too, compared to OKW, where we’ve stayed in the past which always seems a bit quiet even at the main pool.

Kat
I’m checking every day for availability for POFQ! We have booked flights now so I’d like to get accommodation finalised.

Trip Report Index
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Fingers crossed you get POFQ.

Interesting thoughts on housekeeping. We opted out last year and got the giftcard but somehow we still got mousekeeping every day so we didn't get the full experience ... but the $130 giftcard was nice

Thanks for doing the report I've really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next adventure xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Thanks enjoyed your report. Fingers crossed you manage to get POFQ, We loved staying there this year and will be top of my list for our next trip whenever that may be.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Fingers crossed you get POFQ.

Interesting thoughts on housekeeping. We opted out last year and got the giftcard but somehow we still got mousekeeping every day so we didn't get the full experience ... but the $130 giftcard was nice

Thanks for doing the report I've really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next adventure xx
Thanks for reading!

I wish we had got housekeeping and the gift card .
Originally Posted by lemon-squeeze View Post
Thanks enjoyed your report. Fingers crossed you manage to get POFQ, We loved staying there this year and will be top of my list for our next trip whenever that may be.
Thanks. I’m checking daily!

Trip Report Index
Old 15 Nov 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
There are usually 5 of us in a room- with 3 kids housekeeping is a must for us- We loved POFQ due to the size- despite being the room furthest from the center. If we could all fit in 1 room there is would be my first choice.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
There are usually 5 of us in a room- with 3 kids housekeeping is a must for us- We loved POFQ due to the size- despite being the room furthest from the center. If we could all fit in 1 room there is would be my first choice.
There’s just two of us so the opt out was just a minor inconvenience. No way I would do it with 3 kids!

Keeping my fingers crossed for POFQ but don’t want to get my heart set on it in case we can’t get it .

Trip Report Index