Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
I think the hostility comes from seeming to want the best of both worlds i.e complaining about the press but then doing tv programmes at the same time.
Harry as sad as the death of his mother was had led a very privileged life and always will do, I do believe he had the best education money could buy but failed most of his exams, but then managed to become an apache helicopter pilot - interesting to see how many working class children with no qualifications have managed that.
People seem to except Princess Anne compared to Prince Andrew ( even before the latest scandal ) because she seems to go about her business in private, like her children.
Who will pay for the security ?
It will be interesting to see how long they stay out of the limelight especially with the time they spend in the states , I'm sure their pictures will be on the front of all the magazines at the tills in Walmart
Princess Anne’s daughter was probably quite pleased with the timing today. Kept her driving ban for doing 91 mph out of the headlines !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Princess Anne still has security , I doubt she pays for it.
She’s the only royal to have had a kidnap attempt against her.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
I think the hostility comes from seeming to want the best of both worlds
It will be interesting to see how long they stay out of the limelight especially with the time they spend in the states , I'm sure their pictures will be on the front of all the magazines at the tills in Walmart
As was Diana’s after her divorce ... and the U.K. magazines too (because it will SELL the magazines). They don’t tend to have front covers of people their buyers have no interest in... and working royals or something else people will be interested (maybe even more interested as they are likely to be more interesting than Waitey Katy and Andrew’s daughters who are very predictable in their doings as typical royals.)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Princess Anne still has security , I doubt she pays for it.
She’s the only royal to have had a kidnap attempt against her.
Princess Anne is one of the hardest working royals - the Sussex family won’t be carrying out Royal duties but the taxpayer will still fund their security - they could easily afford their own security. Will they pay market rent on Frogmore cottage I wonder?

I can’t say I blame them for backing out but I really don’t see why they can’t pay for their own security - especially as it will be a higher cost with them switching countries every few months.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Ha ha, apparently the Palace and Queen were totally unaware. I bet they can’t stand Meghan. One is NOT amused !
We have to remember all the Royal family money came from the people- their distant ancestors who got it in the first place were simply the most bloodthirsty warlords. Read about War of the Roses- or for a version with Dragons watch Game of Thrones.

Edited at 12:09 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mail:

A senior royal source said the Queen and her family were ‘deeply disappointed’. Another said the royals were ‘shocked, saddened and downright furious’ at the couple.

In a terse statement, Buckingham Palace said: ‘Discussions with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are at an early stage. We understand their desire to take a different approach, but these are complicated issues that will take time to work though.’

Well-placed sources made clear that the shock announcement was a personal statement and ‘members of the family were not consulted on the contents’.

One exasperated aide said: ‘People had bent over backwards for them. They were given the wedding they wanted, the house they wanted, the office they wanted, the money they wanted, the staff they wanted, the tours they wanted and had the backing of their family. What more did they want?’

We should demand this house expenditure returning to the public. Or kick them out and rent it out for the public purse.

Sad to see two brothers apparently estranged.

Public backlash coming- they don’t want many of the duties but are keeping perks such as police protection, Frogmore etc.

Edited at 12:18 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

I’m shocked, if it’s true, that they didn’t tell the Queen, Prince Charles or Prince William before making this announcement- surely that’s just common courtesy at the very least?

Prince Harry and Meghan to step back as senior royals bbc/news/uk-51040751

Edited at 12:20 AM.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Without reading the thread my thoughts are short and simple.

They were hounded out by the press and social media. Good on them.
I hope that once this dies down that they get left alone to enjoy their life.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Without reading the thread my thoughts are short and simple.

They were hounded out by the press and social media. Good on them.
I hope that once this dies down that they get left alone to enjoy their life.
I’d say I agree, Harry has cash from his mother and grandmother, give up all the perks, don’t take a penny of state (and that includes Royal) assets, pay for your own protection, don’t trade on the Royal name, work for a living and get a job suitable for your qualifications with no string pulling - go and have a good life.
Old 9 Jan 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post

What they've done and the way they've done it is called burning bridges. Heaven help him if he needs to cross back one day ...

Personally, I'm glad they're going they've become a liability.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread