Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jan 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
And what happens to the house the taxpayers have helped fix up?
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Good for them!

William is being lined up for his role as king, and is life is mapped out for him and his family, and IMV that leaves Harry at a bit of a loose end.

Him and Meghan are clearly besotted with each other and their baby and given the amount of hate directed towards her I'm not surprised he wants to take her to live somewhere a lot more liberal - ie Canada.

I don't think they really fit into the royal lifestyle any more - and if they want to do their own thing and be self sufficient why shouldn't they try?

Lots of families spread around the world - especially when a "foreigner" marries into that family - so I dont think its as unusual as it seems.

i wish them well
Shame they didn’t decide this before a fortune was spent on their wedding and new home.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Good for them!

William is being lined up for his role as king, and is life is mapped out for him and his family, and IMV that leaves Harry at a bit of a loose end.

Him and Meghan are clearly besotted with each other and their baby and given the amount of hate directed towards her I'm not surprised he wants to take her to live somewhere a lot more liberal - ie Canada.

I don't think they really fit into the royal lifestyle any more - and if they want to do their own thing and be self sufficient why shouldn't they try?

Lots of families spread around the world - especially when a "foreigner" marries into that family - so I dont think its as unusual as it seems.

i wish them well
Here,here! I couldn’t agree more. There may well be other things going on that we are not aware of too. I read she had to have extra security when announced she was pregnant and who knows what else. Good luck to them
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Providing they support themselves they can go where they like! However, I’m sure there will be some drama to come
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
I think this is a big deal. The last person to resign (Prince Andrew aside) was the Duke of Windsor/Edward VIII. Born into a life of privilege and duty clearly didn’t inherit a lot of his grandmothers qualities. It’s just seems such a massive change to me following his service in the army, can’t help thinking he isn’t the one wearing the trousers.
He's already served his county far more than most! I think thats more than enough of his grandmothers qualities.

My DS married an American and she (his wife) clearly wears the trousers (to my detriment) but they both look soo in love so what does it matter?

I wear the trousers in our house 95% of the time...
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
They're looking at Canada.
Either way, I’m sure they will still afford to live well
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

good for them! their health is the most important.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
I think this is a big deal. The last person to resign (Prince Andrew aside) was the Duke of Windsor/Edward VIII. Born into a life of privilege and duty clearly didn’t inherit a lot of his grandmothers qualities. It’s just seems such a massive change to me following his service in the army, can’t help thinking he isn’t the one wearing the trousers.
Agree, not sure why but I’ve a feeling this marriage won’t last x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think it's a shame as I think the Royal Family could do with a bit of updating. Hopefully we won't have to pay their security costs though.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
And what happens to the house the taxpayers have helped fix up?
I'd imagine there house will remain part of the royal estate. Apparently the bulk of the work needed doing anyway to maintain the property. I'm no royalist but I really don't get the vitriol for this couple.

Edited at 08:09 PM.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread