Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Unread 21 Feb 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Getting Excited

Mobile

Were you at Pointe? And how long did it take to walk?

Originally Posted by BellaBess View Post
We walked with our 2 year old to Walmart instead of crossing outside mcdonalds if you stay on side of road and following under motorway the crossing arent as bad as the one on sand lake we have done it a few time and never had any trouble you sometimes might have to wait a while for the crossing to come on. Or Lyft was around $10 which we couldn't use due to needing car seat
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Florida date
Unread 22 Feb 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Apprentice Imagineer

Main downside of the trolley for us was how long you have to wait unless you time it just right. think it said 10 mins but was closer to 20 and in hot sun it wasn't fun !
Unread 24 Feb 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
Main downside of the trolley for us was how long you have to wait unless you time it just right. think it said 10 mins but was closer to 20 and in hot sun it wasn't fun !
That's my main worry, I'll be there mid august so i'm hoping it's not too busy but I know the heat will be an issue so it might have to be uber/lyft
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Universal Endless Summer Resort August 2020
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal Endless Summer Resort
Unread 25 Feb 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It depends on how far down International Drive you want to go?

Nearby to the Endless Summer Resort there's a Walgreens, Denny's, IHOP, KFC, Red Lobster, Subway, Applebees and one or two other places to eat. These are all within 5 minutes walk or so.

But if you want to venture further down I-Drive then getting a I-Ride trolley, a Lynx bus, or Uber/Lyft would be a good idea. Pointe Orlando is a little under 3 miles away, so that would take 50mins to an hour to walk. ICON park with the Orlando Eye is almost 2 miles away, so would take about 40 mins to walk. Neither of those would be pleasant in the summer heat.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Unread 25 Feb 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Neilandrewhall View Post
Were you at Pointe? And how long did it take to walk?
No way would you walk to Walmart from the Rosen at Pointe Orlando. It would take at least 45 minutes... probably longer in the heat.
Unread 25 Feb 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
No way would you walk to Walmart from the Rosen at Pointe Orlando. It would take at least 45 minutes... probably longer in the heat.
I'm assuming they mean the Rosen Inn International just north of Sand Lake Road? Although Google indicates that it'll still take 25 minutes to get from there to Walmart - which is still a longish way in the summer heat.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Unread 25 Feb 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I'm assuming they mean the Rosen Inn International just north of Sand Lake Road? Although Google indicates that it'll still take 25 minutes to get from there to Walmart - which is still a longish way in the summer heat.
I think the guy that asked the question I quoted is staying at the Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando though. If it's 25 from Rosen International it'll be closer to an hour from the Pointe.

Edited at 07:51 PM.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fingers and everything crossed
ResalesDVC