Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 20, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile Double or two single buggies?

My two will be almost 3 & 16 months when we go in October/November & im wondering whether to take our trusty double buggy with us (it’s second hand so won’t be particularly upset if it’s damaged), or to take two singles?

I had thought a double would be easier as it would leave the other parent free to hold hands etc if one wants to walk but then my 16m old will definitely need a nap in it. And hopefully the older one too. Is that easier to do (imagine the walking in circles here) w two singles?
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie2604
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

I think a double may exceed the maximum size allowed by security so this might help you to decide anyway. Not sure on the sizes but it'll be on their website somewhere.
Melanie2604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

I had 17 months between my boys. When they were younger, we ALWAYS took 2 singles on holiday. So much easier if one was kicking off, or if we needed to head in different directions for any reason, neither one of us had to wrangle both kids! I had 2 different double buggies for at home on on my own, but never, ever, did we wish we’d taken a double on holiday. We never did Disney etc when they were younger, but flew around Europe a number of times. Even managing the airport was easier with 2 singles.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s a baby jogger which i know is still ok size wise.

Oh interesting, thank you!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Great question, I'm interested in this too!
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sce2sr1
Looking for my Ears

I spent ages researching this last year (with a 4yo and 12mo). We went with the consensus and taking two singles defo gave more flexibility. We normally took just 1 stroller in the morning and made 4yo walk. When we went back to parks in the evenings we would take 2nd stroller to deal with tired little legs.

Noting how busy parks are at rope drop it was certainly easier for us navigating crowds with a single, but if you’re not one to rush around then a double would be fine. Parking is another consideration - the stroller parks near big attractions or shows can often be really busy so probably easier to find spaces for singles vice a double?
sce2sr1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Always 2 singles!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We took a double once never again, it was a nightmare trying to maneuverer through the crowds, 2 single are much better for the busy parks.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraE
Getting Excited

Mobile

We hired a double baby city jogger for our 4 and 1 year old, never had any trouble with the size of it and they both slept ok in it (occasionally at the same time), my 4 year old did a fair bit of walking, so it meant one of us could walk with him and the other push the buggy.

If you’re onsite and using the buses, you have to fold up the buggy, I would think trying to fold up two and keep hold of two children (plus no doubt a couple of rucksacks) may be quite a challenge, but still manageable.
LauraE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Two singles are much better. We found it hard to manoever the double through crowds and shops. Also meant we could split up if needed
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List