Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Should I book 4 seats the Bubble & leave middle two seats empty

Hi,
We are currently seated coming home on Virgin flight on middle 4 seats, but was thinking of changing my seats & going into the bubble but there isnt any twos only threes left, would it be sensible to book two window & two isle leaving the two middle seats empty, do you think anyone will bother , booking the middle seat? Really not sure if to pay out £120 for the 4 of us to sit up there in this way hoping noone will pay to sit in the middle two seats we have left empty, what would you do ? anyone else done this please ? Xxx

Edited at 02:24 PM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Depends if you don’t mind if someone does actually sit there and will not swap. I personally wouldnt do that,
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Why don't you book a row of three and the one across the aisle. That way only one of you would get to sit with a stranger ( you will most likely try and sleep anyway) and then you are leaving a row of three and two seats for others to sit together.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Depends if you don’t mind if someone does actually sit there and will not swap. I personally wouldnt do that,
Thats what im thinking, just not sure what to do, really wanted to travel our 1st time in the bubble
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
If it’s a full flight you will have someone sitting there. We have been in a situation before that we have asked someone to swap so we could be together and they refused.

Also you may have people who you have stopped being together and they have the stress of thinking they won’t be together for the flight.
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you do as you suggest then accept someone may use the seats on your rows. They should then not be expected to swap for you. There are plenty of solo travellers booking seats not everyone travels as a family. Also penalty of people who will happily sit anywhere rather than pay in advance. I’d book a row of three and an isle seat as it clearly matters to you that you’re all together.
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
usatrippers
Getting to know the DIBB

yeah, pick 3 and one across the aisle.
previously we've, picked the two plus two in the double, leaving the aisle seats free, but its actually pretty good to have someone to chat to on the way out. I generally find people much friendlier on the outward leg than on the way home... i wonder why!?

we're a family of 4 and it winds me up no end when i look at the seat map and you can clearly see people have booked seats in the hope nobody ends up between them. If i was a lone traveller i would definitely choose one of those seats and not move haha.

its hard as a family of 4 with virgins 747 layout because if you want to sit together you're either in the horrible middle 4 or 2 plus 2 at the very back. The very back i quite like for the homeward journey but on the way out we like to be near to the front to get off a little faster.
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We're a family of 4 too and like to sit in the bubble, but I'd never take the 'empty middle seat' gamble. What we've found works best for us is to book an exit row seat (window if possible) for my husband with the rest of us in the row behind. It makes his trip much more comfortable and we can still chat by the window

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

You need to pick 3 together and one across the aisle or the chances are you WILL end up all split up with a stranger between you. It's rare that the Bubble wouldn't be fully booked. So you're already relying on forcing someone else to change their seat. As an aside its really very selfish to do this.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Think we have row 64 middle 4 already booked, has there wasnt any twos left in the bubble, maybe will have to just leave it middle 4! Just hope these are good seats xx. Thank you all for your info & suggestions 😘