Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyleo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think it’s selfish to do this. Book seats together.
Disneyleo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I am glad I am not the only one that thinks booking an aisle and a window in a row of three is incredibly selfish, by doing this you may well prevent a couple from sitting together

if you think you need extra room book premium but don’t do this it’s morally wrong.
I also think it’s extremely selfish. We book the window and middle seat, and have an agreement that if the third person is male, I have to sit in the seat next to him, but if it’s female, my wife has to sit in the middle..😎
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by JoeA View Post
I have booked window and aisle out, downstairs on VS15 in May.

Nothing to do with hoping the middle seat is free, simply because my partner loves the aisle and I love the window.

Do you think I should put us together, I feel bad reading this now :P
Dh and I do this if we’re flying just the 2 of us. He loves the window, falls asleep the entire journey no matter where we’re going, and I love the aisle as I like to move around the cabin and stretch my legs, plus never sleep, we uttered 2 words to each other on the way to NYC, it was bliss 😂 If travelling solo then I usually book the aisle but if they put me in the middle and someone wanted to swap I probably would because I feel hemmed in when in the middle seat, not because I was being nice!

If travelling with the kids so a family of 4 we always book the 4 in the middle.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
You have missed the point completely if someone wants a middle seat that is fine if someone wants an aisle seat and their partner a windows seat that’s fine if you are booking a window and an aisle to try to block out a middle seat that is wrong.

In a row of 6 seats that can happily take 3 couples all sitting together if two sets of people book aisle and window they are deliberately blocking out the middle seats and removing the ability for the third couple to sit together surely can see the problem here. I would not expect anyone to move if they have not paid to book and others have.

My analogy is spot on you are not breaking any rules but you are doing something that is not right and others suffer because you are chancing it.

Particularly on this aircraft there are rows of two seats in the bubble if you want this pay for PE.
I have not missed the point at all, I simply disagree with you. As I explained, with a couple of caveats, I wouldn't find it an unacceptable practice. Firstly the airline can see what's going on and move you outside of your control if it sees fit. Then in keeping with your new scenario, and as per my earlier post. If you start a dialogue with the other passengers when you board, then I'm sure all 3 couples end up sat together, if they so want. I do think that having tried it on, you should let the other 2 couples pick first.

Edited at 10:21 PM.
Thorpy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I don’t think it’s a very fair thing to do, especially if you have children with you. Why should the person in the middle have the adult talking across them or reaching across them to help their child? What if the child became upset or sick? Two adults using this tactic would not be so bad, although I do think it’s a bit mean spirited, but with kids I think it should be a definite “no”. On a separate issue, last week I booked a row of 3 and then the window seat in front for our eldest ds24. When we boarded a man was already in DS seat and although he half heartedly offered to move, he made DS feel very uncomfortable, so DS let him stay there (I don’t know if the man had paid for the middle seat or not, but I doubt it), so basically I wasted my money. I was totally miffed as I paid for that seat and DS loves a window seat.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Which was exactly what he intended.
I’ve had it a few times and been told (dismissively)to just sit in their seat. I ask them politely to move once then if they argue I get the cabin crew to shift them.

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I don’t think it’s a very fair thing to do, especially if you have children with you. Why should the person in the middle have the adult talking across them or reaching across them to help their child? What if the child became upset or sick? Two adults using this tactic would not be so bad, although I do think it’s a bit mean spirited, but with kids I think it should be a definite “no”. On a separate issue, last week I booked a row of 3 and then the window seat in front for our eldest ds24. When we boarded a man was already in DS seat and although he half heartedly offered to move, he made DS feel very uncomfortable, so DS let him stay there (I don’t know if the man had paid for the middle seat or not, but I doubt it), so basically I wasted my money. I was totally miffed as I paid for that seat and DS loves a window seat.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I personally think this is a very antisocial thing to do.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

This would work for me as a single traveller, as I love to chat, so having someone both sides doubles my happiness as I’d always have someone to talk to. Makes the 9 1/2 hr pass quicker!
I would also hope for a lightweight couple, as at 22 stone I take up both the armrests. Cozy!

As long as you are happy that someone like me can take the seat then go for it
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I don’t think it’s a very fair thing to do, especially if you have children with you. Why should the person in the middle have the adult talking across them or reaching across them to help their child? What if the child became upset or sick?
This is only an issue if said adult insists on sitting in the middle where they were allocated. I also think it's slightly different with kids, because they will try and sit you together anyway, so most reasonable people wouldn't necessarily try it on with kids, that's if the seating plans even allows you to try it.

The risk, as PPM says, is that you might get someone that fills the space sat between you. I am a bit taller and a bit lighter than he is, but I'm still a big lad, and my worst flight was one where I was across the aisle from my daughter and partner. I had another big lad sat next to me, and there simply wasn't the space in the seats to fit comfortably, so I was forced to stick out into the aisle. Bashed and bumped all night, no chance of sleep !

I'm totally with you on your son. That is somebody not trying to work the system, but selfishly refusing to follow it... basically intimidating/bullying your son.

Whilst I've never done it, I see it like the difference between knowing a short cut that gets you ahead of traffic or getting in front by driving like an "donkey" hole, with no consideration for other road users. One is fair game the other is wrong.

I'd maybe try the trick if I was in a couple, and as I've said if it works, great, if not then you have to be courteous to the 3rd person and let them choose which of the 3 seats they want. If they sit in the middle you suck it up, much as you would if your short cut turned out to take longer!
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Am I reading this right? It's £30 each to sit in the bubble?

Now I know we all spend our money as we see fit but it seems an awful lot just to be upstairs with exactly the same experience as those in the main cabin.

I can understand extra legroom and exit seats but not the bubble.
We've booked Economy Light - so no seat selection included. It cost £30pp each way to book any of the Economy seats on the plane if you're flying Light - so we've booked the so called Dibbers row so we at least feel like we're getting something for our buck
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List