Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Feb 20, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Tell me about Coronado Springs Resort

Hi, i'm starting to look at options for Jul/Aug 2021 (stuck to school holidays ) and ideally would like more than just a hotel room for the 4 of us. I'm not sure we'd all survive in one room for 2-3 weeks . We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children ages will be 14 & 9) and my 14 year son will not want to sleep with my 9 year old daughter! We would like to stay onsite as the last time we went (2018) we did a 1 night taster at Boardwalk.

So, our options are a 1 or 2 bed but not sure if they will be in our league I have previously overlooked Coronado but upon looking at the rooms they look lovely and see that they do suites and 1 beds too. What's everyone's experience of this resort? I'm concerned about the location and accessibility to other places. What are the buses like from here? Anything you can tell me i'd appreciate it, thanks
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

CSR is a lovely resort and while it’s closest to AK it’s not far away from the other parks. I’m not sure about the suites and I’ve never seen anyone refer to them as an option with a family as I think they’re quite expensive.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Beautiful resort. All immaculately kept. All amenities close to each other since the bridges have been built. Busses worked really well for us. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

No experience of anything above a studio at CSR. Wondered if you've thought of 2 lock off rooms? Then you have 2 rooms and a bed each?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

No experience of the suites as we are a couple so get a King room, but CSR is an absolutely stunning resort and you won't be disappointed if you stay there

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

I loved CSR. We did a tour of all the other resorts (even the Deluxes) and we all agreed CSR was nicer.
We stayed in Ranchos 7A which is pretty much the furthest from the Tower but the buses were amazing at bus stop 3, which was just 1 min from our room.
You can walk to the Tower and it took us about maybe 8 minutes.
There was only one thing I did not like and that was no refillable mug station in each building but there is one at the Dig Site pool.
I've noticed that the prices have really gone up for CSR since the refurb. It's a fabulous hotel in a superb location.
We would go again in a heartbeat.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

When we looked (very briefly) at suite prices at CSR it worked out about $1000 a night 😲 you can have a room each for that price.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone for your replies, it's certainly something to think about and will be on the shortlist.

There are just too many things to consider and price up although that's part of the fun
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

I was upgraded to a suite on my last trip in 2018 (Disney magic after we unknowingly flooded the downstairs apartment and they couldn’t fix our shower).

It was amazing! So spacious and completely wasted on us being a couple. It was the size of two regular rooms but there wasn’t a lot of storage really. Whether there would be better accommodation for you for that cost is up to you. We loved it though.

They’ve still got a great location with the tower as right next to the old main building. Never had an issue with buses. I would 100% stay there again even if we couldn’t have our amazing suite back 😩
Mackenzies03 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed there last Oct/Nov, it’s a beautiful resort and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List