Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Grand Cayman - November 2012, day 3

Day 3 – 26th November 2012

I was awake before Aaron again but he wasn’t too far behind. We popped to the supermarket to prick up some detergent and also bought some water and nuts $11 US Dollars.

This morning we headed to a restaurant called Cimbocco for breakfast. I had seen on trip reports that they have a breakfast offer on midweek 5 things for $5 (Cayman) so we gave that a go.
The food was nice but not as good as yesterdays and the service was a bit useless. The bill once a couple of juices had been added in came to $21.00 US Dollars.

After breakfast we carried on in the car to Georgetown. This is the main town in Grand Cayman and is where all the cruise ships dock. I had looked at what ships were due in port on all the days we were in town and today it was the Disney Fantasy. I was excited to see the boat as we might consider a Disney Cruise one day.

As we walked into the town we could see it on the horizon!

We spent a while looking around the shops, bought a couple of Christmas decorations and trinkets and then headed to Margaritaville for a drink. I had a diet coke and Aaron had a couple of Margaritas. We watched the ship come into port and before long the town was suddenly a lot busier.

After a while, we started to get peckish and ordered a bowl of nachos.

It was $11 US dollars and so like I said before a lot cheaper than you could actually make them yourselves for! They were yummy and filled a hole! I think our total bill was about $41 US Dollars.

After we paid we had another quick look around the town. I had a Haagen Daz Pralines and Cream milkshake ($7 US Dollars) on our way back to the car as this validated our parking ticket and then we headed in the direction of Hell! A few people had told us that this wasn’t worth a visit as it is literally just a Post Office but I really wanted to send my two nephews a postcard. When we arrived we parked up and looked in the few shops selling postcards before walking around the back to see the rock formations and came across these two fellas.

Aaron actually walked strait passed them without noticing. I don’t know how as they were huge!

After spending a lot of time taking photos of the lizards we headed to the rocks to have a look. I managed to drop my sunglasses over the edge and Aaron just about managed to reach in through the spider’s webs to retrieve them – Shudder! He now claims he rescued them for me from the depths of Hell!

Edited at 09:59 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 12, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
After that excitement we made our way into the post office and sent the post card before heading onto the turtle farm.

This place was a bit expensive in my opinion for what it was. $18 each to be precise. There were a lot of turtles, some tiny, some enormous and none of them really had enough space. We were also told of the turtles they breed, only 1% are released onto the wild and the rest are farmed for meat

Here are a few cuties

After the turtle farm we headed to another supermarket not so close to the beach to see if it was any cheaper but no such luck! I bought some Pilsbury crescent rolls as I had always wanted to try them along with some butter and jam for breakfast the next day. Aaron also bought some Franks hot sauce to bring home. This little lot cost us $17 US dollars! Once back at the condo we played tennis for a while before heading inside when it got dark.

When it came time for dinner we were not hungry enough to go out for a full sit down meal. Having learnt our lesson with the supermarket pricing we decided to grab a KFC. We headed over at 9.15pm to discover it closed at 9pm! We drove up towards Papa John’s in search of a pizza and came away empty handed when we saw the price, $27 US Dollars for a large cheese & tomato. Finally we got lucky with Burger King, it was open and the pricing want too bad! I had chicken strips and a small fries and Aaron had a Double Cheeseburger meal. This came to $14 US dollars. The food was good but Aarons burger was absolutely tiny! After we had eaten we watched a bit of TV and then headed to bed.

Edited at 10:01 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 12, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post

How fab to get a postcard from Hell Turtles are cute! Another great day!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 12, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Loving your trip report !

DH and I got maried at The Grand House on Grand Cayman and did some 'Trash The Dress' shots on nearby Smith's Cove ( renamed Smith's Baracadere)... we got off the Disney Magic at 9.30am and that's what we spent the day doing ... well, it was there, or Crewe Registry Office ...so not too big of a decision...especially when you consider where you'd rather spent your anniversary milestones

...as I'm hoping to return one day, I've been really interested to hear your experience of self catering (which we normally do)... looks like we need to bear those high prices in mind when we get round to planning a trip !

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 12, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Enjoying your report! We will be stopping here when we sail on the Fantasy in 2014
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 12, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The turtle and lizard pictures are too cute. That bowl of nachos is why I'd be in margaritaville every day!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 12, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Oh loving the look of that bowl of nachos along with a margherita!

Not sure I would like the turtle farm, but would like to go to hell!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 13, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 13, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A lovely day exploring parts of the Island

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List