General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 26 Jun 09, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Our1stcanadian adventure day before and journey

hI FOLKS THIS IS MY 1ST ATTEMPT SO BE GENTLe with me as this is being done on a ebook and its very fiddley.
Tuesday 23 june starter off with me feeeling very stressed and a bit weepy, I always get this way as I hate leaving my 2 oldest and being seperated from my beloved per Cara,sad I know but she is such a wee love I just love having a wee cuddle with her whenever I get uo. But we allneed a break so put on a stiff upper lip and got on with the day, work till 12, sent Dante to pay some bills and did the usual bed change lol. Had fillet steak for dinner and my friends came round where we talked about our great night at the Take That concert.
Eventually got to bed at 12.45am and slept till 4am, then the usual hair wash shower and getting my lazy lot up. Arrived at 5.55am to catch the 6.55am to Heathrow and got DD's friend Versace Woman perfume at Duty Free.

Flight down was fine and was very glad of the brekkie we got as by that time we were starving. Arriived anD Dante made a run for the outside, yes he is a smoker hehe. Found Krispy Cremes and just had to buy a dozen with a Latte (heaven). Anothe ciggie for Dante and then off to Ter5 for a look around the shops. Very posh shops with very posh prices, not for me I am a bargain huntere,(thats why I love Orlando lol) but got aftershave for Dante Calvin Klien Man. so many to pick from but this seems a nice 1. Pret-a-Manger for a bit to eat and then head for the plane.

Didnt get upgraded even though DD tried her best but we made up for it later (car). Had row 49 but Josh was not a happy bunny after seeing the bed seats, did explain that to get them he wouldn't get a holiday next year so this shut him up lol. Flight was ok ,food was OK, entertainment was good loadsa of films I hadn't seen so passed the time. staff very good and the wee box you get with the snadwiches was vey good and very welcome as i didnt eat all my 1st meal.

On touchdown took 30mins for them to fffload the upper classes before the cattle
class was let out. Immigration was even longer than in the states but we got a nice guy who called Josh BUD! Isnt that a beer ? lol By this time it was over an hour and rhen throught to car hire where another hlour of our lives was spent, even though the line was only 4 deep. got talking to a lovely chap from coventry who had been to Burlington a few times and we chatted for thw whole time. When we got to the desk chap asked if we wanted to upgrade for $10 aday but we were happy to take whatever we got, so prepaid fore the gas $46. and toddled off to the garage (reminded me of MCO) and Dante went in to get keys, came out and said we got a free upgrade so look for bay 10. passed a bay 10 but it had a huge Jeepso me being me told him he was in the wrong section and to keep looking, but no he pressed the fob and the lights flashed, OH MY GOD! THIS IS OURS youve got to be joking was expecting a Cobalt but this was very nice indeed. The chap from Coventry also got a bigger cae a seven seater Kia, but I think we got the better one. Anyway we got loaded up and after the usual getting lost fiasco and a few choosen words we eventually got on our way 21/2 hours after landing. Just in time for the rush hour but we eventually arrived in Burlington and meet our hosts Lin and Steve (ex-pats) lovely house in a lovely area and our room was great with plenty of starage. Meet our fellow guests a Canadiam woman who now lives in Aberdeen, wth her DD and friend. Unpacked and after a shower headed out to dinner. Montannas is a chain steak house, so steak for Dante, chicken strips for Josh and I. then cookies for mJosh and the server brought 2 for Dante and I, not that we had any room left for them but we did much away and the bill was $42. so we left $50 as the service was very good and we really enjoyed our meal. It is so like the states I now have no worries about enjoying myself everything is so similar we feel right at home. Back to the houseand bed for mus just after 10pm, so far a good start and fell this will be a great 2 weeks.

Hope you are still with me hehe

shirley
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Sounds great Shirley...your Jeep sounds cool..your next task will be figuring out how to add pics !...have a great day

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
granmags
Imagineer

granmags's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds great Shirley - like the bit about Josh and the bed seats

Looking forward to hearing about all of your adventures!

I MAY NOT BE RICH OR FAMOUS BUT I DO HAVE PRICELESS GRANDCHILDREN
granmags is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

More More More!
A great start - thanks Shirley for taking time to do this!
Sally x
Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Nice to hear from you Shirley! lol at Josh and the bed seats, that boy likes his comforts! Hope you have a lovely trip!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

great start Shirley,hope you have a great trip
Old 26 Jun 09, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
Hi Shirley,

Sorry you probably got my PM reply a bit late! Glad to see you're having a great time so far. If you like Krispy Kremes, you must try Tim Horton's!

Look forward to reading your trippies

Jane
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start to your trip!
Old 27 Jun 09, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Fantastic start Shirley... looking forward to reading more.
Old 5 Jul 09, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
NurseHelen
VIP Dibber

Fantastic start... that was some luck with the car