Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
It sounds fab! We loved Toronto!

Do put the Pickle Barrel on your list - just near the Eaton Centre. We ate there twice.

The market is the best we have visited (better than Seattle, Vancouver and Montreal!). The bagels were great! And the fish restaurant at the back was so tasty! And if you go downstairs you can can metal bottles of maple syrup!

Have fun!
Sounds great,thanks for the tips! Off to look at the Pickle Barrel menu

Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
I booked a trip to Toronto todayso I will be really interested to see how you get on. DH is a huge fan of Iron Maiden but they are only playing one UK tour date and we're in Florida then. So instead we are all off to Toronto in April. Can't wait.
That sounds like a great excuse for a trip

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Your plans look great to me. Really looking forward to this - can't wait to read all about it and see lots of wintry pics.

Fab choice of hotel of course, although am praying you like it as much as we did. The location will be very handy with you planning on visiting the Aquarium and CN Tower.

The Keg Room was on our list too, but we didn't end up making it there. There's always next time!
Im pretty sure we will like the hotel, the reviews I have seen say 99% love it. You can't argue with that figure can you!?

Keg room looks great so im hoping we make it! There does seem to be infinite food choices though! They all look great.

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Can't believe I am following you again... Just booked tonight for hubby's 50th next October. The deal is I am not allowed to tell anybody (not real people anyway, Dibbers don't count) so hubby and sons don't know. Lots of planning ahead, but it looks like you have some things I can copy!
Follow away! Good luck keeping the secret, I would be awful!

Edited at 11:41 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 15, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4Three
Very Serious Dibber

Can't wait to read more really fancy a trip to Canada myself
Disney4Three is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 15, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sounds great - I've heard good things about Toronto. Hope you have a wonderful time!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 15, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a result Abbi, you are going to Toronto before us, you did a trip to Vegas a few years ago just before our trip too, so it's great to read up on the destination before we get there lol will be looking out for your report, we have booked our flights and hotel so far, we're off in June.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 15, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disney4Three View Post
Can't wait to read more really fancy a trip to Canada myself
Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Sounds great - I've heard good things about Toronto. Hope you have a wonderful time!
Thanks, im sure we will love it!

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
What a result Abbi, you are going to Toronto before us, you did a trip to Vegas a few years ago just before our trip too, so it's great to read up on the destination before we get there lol will be looking out for your report, we have booked our flights and hotel so far, we're off in June.
So in other words, you're stalking me Im really looking forward to the trip! June will be very different weather wise to December though im sure!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 15, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Snow in the GTA area today... and -3 degrees in Toronto. Hope that does not put you off. No snow in Toronto though. Did you get your thermals?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 15, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Snow in the GTA area today... and -3 degrees in Toronto. Hope that does not put you off. No snow in Toronto though. Did you get your thermals?
I have found my thermals & we have brought our ski suits down from the loft in case we can go tubing / skiing
Old 23 Nov 15, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

So glad its not putting you off. If you are well wrapped up you will be fine honestly. Most of downtown will be clear any way ...just cold. I quite like the snow... just not as much as we had last year! Hope you are still excited.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 15, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing trip!

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 15, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Update - Daily plans

Christmas Day

Starting our travel on Christmas day will be a strange one for us as we normally spend the whole break in the UK. After having lunch at my parents house & then spending the afternoon & evening with Aarons family we will be hitting the road at about 9pm and driving to the Holiday Inn Express T5. I’m hoping we will each have a massive turkey sandwich to feast on when we get there as this is a tradition I won’t let go of

Boxing Day

After dropping our car at a local NCP parking lot, we will head to Heathrow T2. This is a new terminal for us & on looking there doesn’t seem to be too many options for breakfast. Wondertree in fact seems to be the only place available. If we head there their traditional breakfast & pancakes look good.

We will also pop into Café Nero to stock up on sandwiches for the journey, we might even get some of their amazing cappuccino cake!

Our flight should land at 12.30pm local time & after getting a taxi the Delta Toronto, we will dump our bags and head off exploring.

Im hoping we have time to visit the Beta shoe museum as that is right up my street!

We are then booked in for a 7pm dinner at Keg Steakhouse.

Sunday 27th December

Today the plan is to pick up a hire car for a couple of days, I haven’t booked any7thing yet as Im a bit worried about the weather so I might leave this until the week before we travel. If all goes to plan, we will be driving to Niagara, taking in both the falls & Niagara on the lake.

Food will be eaten at one of the below…

If we are back in the city in time, we will head to City Hall and watch the Ice Skaters, we might even have a go! Poutine is also on the plan for this evening. I’m really looking forward to this!

Monday 28th December

Today the plan is to visit the Zoo using our Groupon tickets and then head over to Lakeridge for some skiing / tubing. This will be weather dependant & I will need to call the day before to see if they will be open. If not, I’m not sure what our back up plan would be today. I would want to make the most of the car though! Any suggestions?

Dinner this evening will be at the Amsterdam Brewhouse, I have made a reservation for 7pm.

The food looks amazing & the pretzel & burgers look amazing.

Tuesday 29th December

Today we will seek out breakfast, the Sunset Grill near our hotel looks good!

We will then try and visit the Islands (again weather dependant), Chinatown & walk the distillery district.

An early dinner is booked today, I have a 4.30pm reservation at the CN tower 360 restaurant. Im hoping that we can see both day time & night time views.

The food here looks lovely!

The evening will be spent watching the Ice Hockey match between the Toronto Maple Leafs & the New York Islanders at the Air Canada centre. I am really looking forward to this!

Wednesday 30th December

Today we head home

But first we will check out the Eaton centre and see what shopping Toronto has to offer!

Lunch will then be had at the Hard Rock Café before we head to the airport later afternoon. Their local legendary bison burger looks great.