Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Liso2605
Getting Excited

What Do You Do When Cruise Price Drops?

I booked a 7 night Med cruise with RCCL in Feb for Oct 19 sailing. There was a free deluxe drink package and $300 onboard credit. Today l checked the price, for the same state room the price has gone down by about £800, offers are now free wifi and gratuities. Is it reasonable to ask for a price match? or do l have the best deal? It will be our first RCCl cruise.
Dec 2009 Hilton Bonnet Creek, Aug 2011 Disney Magic Med, Dec 2011 Wyndham Lake Buena Vista,Aug 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean, Dec 2013 Rosen Inn @Pointe,Dec 2014 Grande Villas Resort/ Disney Magic Western Caribbean. Dec 2015 Grande Beach Resort/ Disney Dream, August 2016 California Road Trip, August 2017 Disney POFQ & Universal Loews Sapphire Falls. August 2018 Disney Fantasy and West Coast Road trip
Liso2605 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Cancel and rebook maybe worst case.
Old 7 Apr 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I have cancelled and rebooked a Princess cruise as the deposit I lost was low.
Unless you have booked through a US agent, sadly cruise lines usually do little for you when prices drop. But you can only ring and ask.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

The first cruise we did dropped in price by £400 shortly after we booked it. Our deposit was £200 so it worked out better for us to cancel, then rebook at the cheaper price.
In your case, it depends on whether you are a drinker or not. Do you think you would drink $500 worth between you on the cruise?
For me, the second option would be the better one.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I found when I booked our cruise with RCL that no matter what the offer the end price was more or less the same. In the saving have you accounted for having to pay for your drinks package which for 2 would be about $50 a day each ( this was the price in Caribbean though not the Med) and also losing the $300 credit which would pay for your gratuities.

I just wondered if you had accounted for everything when calculating the $800 saving. We booked with no “ offers” as such but it was still the same end price as when offers came out later.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

It probably evens itself out. I personally would stick with what you have. The wifi we had was patchy at best (we had it included) we used the drinks package which included both alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, coffees etc. I'd be very surprised if royal price matched, my experience is they just say cancel and rebook.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Liso2605
Getting Excited

Thank you all for your suggestions, very useful as always. I have worked out the maths and found it works out almost the same with or without the offer. So will keep it as it easy.
On a different note, is this not fraud? They add the price for the drinks package into the stateroom price, then advertise as a free drink offer!
Dec 2009 Hilton Bonnet Creek, Aug 2011 Disney Magic Med, Dec 2011 Wyndham Lake Buena Vista,Aug 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean, Dec 2013 Rosen Inn @Pointe,Dec 2014 Grande Villas Resort/ Disney Magic Western Caribbean. Dec 2015 Grande Beach Resort/ Disney Dream, August 2016 California Road Trip, August 2017 Disney POFQ & Universal Loews Sapphire Falls. August 2018 Disney Fantasy and West Coast Road trip
Liso2605 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Not fraud- they can charge whatever they want for a cruise, and blame any fluctuations on supply and demand.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
As has been said RCI prices just stay the same only the package changes.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Liso2605 View Post
Thank you all for your suggestions, very useful as always. I have worked out the maths and found it works out almost the same with or without the offer. So will keep it as it easy.
On a different note, is this not fraud? They add the price for the drinks package into the stateroom price, then advertise as a free drink offer!
They can do what they want. I was watching a DCL Caribbean cruise with Orlando stay package a couple of years back thinking of booking it with Iglu cruise. When I first looked it included *free* park tickets, free dining and a couple of other free benefits. They really made a song and dance of everything being free.

One day I checked and could see they removed all the *free* extras and low and behold the price went down by something like £1k pp. I emailed them to ask why when the 'free' extras got removed the price dropped, and suggesting that they weren't really free in the first place and it was quite misleading. They couldn't have cared less and blamed it on supply and demand So needless to say, I never booked it, as that had left such a sour taste.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 09:59 AM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List