Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Mar 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Guess who saved by flying TC ? Day 8

Well,well,well. Whod have thought that posting about the day TC went bust that Id had DLP called off. But there you go, its how it is.
The lovely sunday sunshine was great to take a walk from OKW to Disney Springs on the nature trail first thing in the morning. Leander knew there was something wrong with me as I didnt eat breakfast. That just doesnt happen. I just said that the TC rumours were getting on my nerves and we would be fine. If anybody has done this walk then youll know how peaceful and scenic it is. Youd never know you were in Disney. One of my favourite activities and the next mornings walk was superb as the TC nightmare was over and everything came clear
When we got to Disney Springs, nothing was open, so we walked to the boat dock to catch a ride back to the hotel.
We had planned to go to Trails End for brunch, so caught a bus to AK as it was the first and jumped on a bus to Fort Wilderness and up to Trails End. By far the best value buffet on property, where I took advantage of the breakfast and dinner offerings with a lovely pint of Angry Orchard cider. I do love the food here, I put it up quite high on my list of buffets. In fact,we decided that we were not going to Boma for our last Dining Plan TS meal the night after. The Plan isnt really for us, bizarrely, as you decide on the "best" restaurants for your TS meals and your whole day is governed by that ADR. Free Dining would be different obviously. Just book certain "musts" and then do walk-ins or ADRs from the My Experience app.
Coming out, we decided to go over to the Grand Floridian to see if our room had been assigned and to find out the procedure for checking in Club Level in two days time. Obviously, its lovely here and we wandered around and had a photo up on the first level
The shorts begged for another outing .We went down and spoke to the staff on the desk, and though they had no rooms allocated, they did say that my category was all the same and that I could pick my floor. I decided to go down one floor from the food area. I also changed our Boma ADR for the GF Cafe the next night. I also spoke to the hotel manager about TC and he told me that even though it was sunday, the board were in a meeting, I said that he was well-informed and he said he had to be ! He reckoned the plug was going to be pulled according to the USA news channels. By now, Leander had been told and after a telling-off for keeping it to myself, we decided we would buy a flight for the thursday so we knew what day we were going home. Selfish, I know.
After this we went over to DHS and treaded water for a bit then came back.

The rest is history. Booked a flight, which I got a big chunk back. At least the uncertainty was over. I had a flight home
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Bet you were glad once that flight was confirmed. I was out there the same time as you and although not with TC could see the panic on peoples faces when the news broke.

Enjoying reading along and only getting to finish my trip report as well for the same time!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You're not going to believe this. I'm reading yours now. On the one about your visit to the Boathouse and Ghirardelli
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hey there I'm glad you carried on with the trip report.

Poor Leander must have felt dreadful knowing you'd kept everything to yourself. At least now it's all put in the open and you can get on with enjoying the rest of the trip.

I've booked up trails end for our trip this summer, if it goes ahead of course. We've never eaten there so I'm glad to read you approve of the buffet. It does get rated fairly highly.

I'm looking forward to your stay at Grand Flo. Please put in some photos of the room! My DH would love to stay there one day. It feels so posh to us when we visit.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List