Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Mar 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Holiday Extras Refunds

I have car parking with Holiday Extras that needs to be cancelled. I paid an extra £1.50 cancellation insurance, but all the website will allow me to do is cancel and receive a voucher for use within 12 months (might be 18).

Is this usual for them? Not used the company before, and wondering exactly what I paid the insurance for if they won't refund on cancellation. Does anyone have experience with this?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just cancelled and got the voucher.As it happens we will use it in Dec hopefully but it is sharp practice on their part .These companies are being short sighted because to quote a phrase "we will remember them " (and others) and won't use them again .
Old 18 Mar 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I contacted them via live chat yesterday and they were brilliant. Told them I couldnt rebook my travel in next 18 months and they have issued full refund back to my card.
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
I contacted them via live chat yesterday and they were brilliant. Told them I couldnt rebook my travel in next 18 months and they have issued full refund back to my card.
Perfect. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. It is just over 2 weeks from when we were travelling, so I was waiting until a little closer to the time to call/message.

It would be easier for all if it was an online option though.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Perfect. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. It is just over 2 weeks from when we were travelling, so I was waiting until a little closer to the time to call/message.

It would be easier for all if it was an online option though.
I would just do it now as I didnt travel to April and they processed mind no bother.
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 20, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
kcanderson
Imagineer

Had two bookings with them ,wanted to cancel April booking but was only offered voucher ,after several phone calls and the threat to escalate they have offered a refund ,will certainly think twice before using this company again
kcanderson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

It's v easy to be critical of these vouchers and the way they were introduced, but HE and others have just lost 100% of their business for the foreseeable, you can see what they have done it, they are fighting to survive.

Personally I would fight for a refund though, Cash is king as they say.
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

I've just been given a voucher, I've emailed them and requested a full refund, they need to be careful as people won't forget
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I waited a few days and then went back on the website and clicked for a 'refund' which was indeed a big fat lie and once I'd clicked turned out to be a voucher. I rang and said that I couldn't travel, and they issued the refund although said it could take 30 days to reach my bank. It's very naughty to talk refund and issue vouchers. Won't be using them again.
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by archibald View Post
I waited a few days and then went back on the website and clicked for a 'refund' which was indeed a big fat lie and once I'd clicked turned out to be a voucher. I rang and said that I couldn't travel, and they issued the refund although said it could take 30 days to reach my bank. It's very naughty to talk refund and issue vouchers. Won't be using them again.
I'm probably the next guinea pig with them and appreciate all of your posts above.
We have/ had airport hotel ( Premier Inn ) and airport parking booked with them - Premier Inn have refunded all hotel rooms during this time even if they were non- flex, Voucher issued online, so I'm up for the conversation as Holiday Extras actually have not paid out anything to suppliers on my booking
Will keep you posted on here - but will not be using again as they changed their terms and conditions to suit themselves.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List