Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 May 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

I booked FP's for all 11 of us over Easter and would certainly recommend it.

We did have FP's booked at Animal Kingdom for Easter Sunday (sadly not FOP), but as our plans changed and we no longer went to AK I just cancelled the FP's for us all.
Old 16 May 19, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lynda__Loo
Proud to wear my Ears

Myself and my partner didn't initially book any fast passes prior to going however on the days we decided to go to Disney we managed to get a few in the morning and later in the day. Given that there was only the 2 of us and we weren't too bothered if we had to queue for some things so it worked for us.

With your group being so large it will probably be a lot simpler and stress free if you book FP in advance. As others have said you don't have to use them but good to have just in case
Lynda__Loo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo_disney
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I dont think there is a really quiet time anymore, last few years of visting at varying times of year its always been busy, granted not Christmas busy but a real hum of people at all the Disney Parks - even more so with Star wars land opening just before you arrive. Of course you can still have an enjoyable day but for us its just nice knowing we'll get on at least 3 rides with little wait and giving us more time in the park - you can always amend and cancel them - but the way we look at it why waste 45min+ waiting in lines (FOP was at 240 min wait in November last year we waited less then 10 with FP) when there is a free service! especially with small kids and you can always cancel or amend them if plans change. For us 2 weeks flies by and want to make sure we can ride as many rides as possible but if its really not your thing then I am sure you'll still have a wonderful time! Enjoy!
Jojo_disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 03:08 AM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

We are here now I would book 3 fast passes it is not that busy here at the moment, but for Peter Pan ride every time we have walked passed 60+ minutes, yesterday our passes were for SDMT over 80 minutes wait time in standby, BTM was 65 minutes and the last one for HM which was 50 minutes we got to MK at just after 5.00pm. I looked at the wait times before we went and then picked the rides we wanted with the highest standby time. Today was HS now went with Slinky Dog over TSM based on wait times waited 40 minutes in standby queue but it was inside and air-conditioned were slinky dog a lot of the queue is outside. With a large group you can book different people fast passes on different rides we do this for DS who loves RnR but hates TOT so I book him his ride and us on TOT and then meet up after the rides as they are in the same area.

Next year we are going with our 5 adults 2 children will mix and match to suit both age ranges. You can easily change them on the day if the wait times low change it for another ride instead of using fastness the thing we have found over the last few days is that the wait times have said 20 minutes but we have walked on straight on the ride.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List